The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

A sequencer request:
Pressing PAGE and 2 separate trigs (a start and end position), you can do on the fly looping. The looping would start on the next tick of the sequencer.

This would be very helpful for producing since you can work on small sections and it would be a cool creative tool in the performance situation.

3 Likes

An Arp mode !! !! !! pl

arp

9 Likes

This would be great! If your trying to do your own microrythm It does take a long time to set the microtiming on every track. Swing is only one specific example of this, samba is another for example

resample your pattern with microtiming
:kissing_heart:

Because lot of traditional world music are played on very specific grooves, and also because it would be simpler to work one 12/8 or 6/8 signatur based rythm. So swing is not suitable for those things. and also for more experimental rythme.

3 Likes

so what about midi seq?

1 Like

Oh you should send me an example! You’ve piqued my curiosity

Because lot of traditional world music are played on very specific grooves, and also because it would be simpler to work one 12/8 or 6/8 signatur based rythm. So swing is not suitable for those things. and also for more experimental rythme.

…Yes it is a beautiful analysis!
I am curious it would be necessary to share concrete examples on patterns, with and without swing, to get an idea. With what kind of sounds influenced(or not by effects) the swing is swinging ??
it is for my part;I can give a little sense to the swing application, on grooves, in Bossa type structures. As a rule I apply it, on a pattern of three measures…or 3/2 for lead part section.More heavy than a 12/8 *!*Perhaps an update on further possibilities of microtiming, in depth with new refined values ​​would be great.
I’ll try microtiming on MIDI with a Nordlead1, and grab a groove, with these ADSR envelopes
:upside_down_face: I’m trying to take this beautiful road! **

Easy way to forward reverb, pan and delay wet/dry automation thru overbridge. Like we can push midi learn on a desired vst-fx and wiggle a knob in overbridge to connect that will be:grinning:

be great to have machinedrum style real time trig sampling and ram machines

On that note does anyone have any work around for trig sampling ram machine set up via midi - for example is there a simple sysex code or midi comannd for trigging the ‘function and yes press (play ram)’ to play the ram recorder buffer?

LOL I was thinking this the other day. It requires so much finesse to go from 1/16 to 1/32. That has got to be a DSP adjustment that can come with an update.

The Idea would be to record precise lengths of audio? I would love that.

1 Like

if one wants to.
its more about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX_v4v-CqKw, using ram machines in creative ways, always on the fly sampling and resampling.

the Digitakt ram record buffer can be played and pitch shifted/filtered/whatever via over overbridge but you have to press function yes to trig the ram rather than have say track 1 trig the ram. So i assume the digitak is coded for real time ram sampling via the sequencer. the function just needs to be unlocked?

1 Like

A small request: show tracks in the mixer view as track numbers rather than KICK, SNARE, TOM etc. I reference my tracks by number, so I always have to double-take when using the mixer on the fly. (I also don’t ever plan to ever load a cowbell sample into the ‘cowbell’ track… or any track :wink:)

10 Likes

ok, sorry for that

Listen to groove at 0"55

here he 'll explain the subtilities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00qZfrqHuzI

actually in the mean time i figured out you can use the up/down arrows to change that value once retrig is enabled

2 Likes

HOT TIP! You just made life a little easier. Merci :smiley:

1 Like