The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

DT already has retrigger, always has.

No lfo on the retrigger tho ā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: my bad I see why you said that

Ohhhh I gotcha, yeah dedicated LFO on both would be awesome!!!

I am not sure if it worked the same way, but a workaround that could be used is, with the 16 steps active again, press Func+ left, or right eight times in a row, so that the 9th step move to the 1st position, and then making the track lenght 8/16 again. Itā€™s slow, but kind of works.

something else I would LOVE to haveā€¦ that I never mentioned, and I remember using on my old Electribes: real time step erasing.
basically a button combination that erases the steps on that track while held.
itā€™s super useful to create new patterns, kinda like deconstructing them - simplify them, great when approaching transitions

Might need to be in LIVE RECORDINGā€¦

1 Like

Awesome! I was pretty sure there was a way to do it but a fellow Elektron user said it was not possibleā€¦ I guess we both learned something today :nerd_face:
I donā€™t have my Digitakt with me right now but Iā€™ll give it a try when I get back home

A different way to step sequenced on 6/8 or 12/8 beat rythm by skipping the 4th step from every group of four (1,2,3_5,6,7_9,10,11_13,14,15ā€¦). This would be so much more usable and more ā€œmusically logicalā€.

Yoooo, Iā€™ve got a good one : Being able to latch the TRK button so we can perform some Control All stuff with one hand, that way you can keep the other one on your synth or wherever you want<3 Plus we can already latch the Page button for Fills so this should be easy to implement, right? Same shortcut, TRK + Yes. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At this point Iā€™ve mastered the Digitakt and love it as the center of my hardware setup. The only thing I think could be improved is one issue I run into on a daily basis.

When live recording notes into a sequence my routine is always the same: record, pause, go through and shift the notes that the Digitakt assigned to wrong step. Of course quantization would help with this but to me auto quantizer is more of a nuisance than a helper most of the time. So hereā€™s the change I would impose if I could:

Instead of having to press the step button, copy note, paste note to new button, delete old note, quantize new note I would love to be able to press the old note, hold function, press l or r arrow to nudge the single note to the next or previous step. Just a way to minimize excessive clicking which is always a good thing.

3 Likes

Itā€™s been said before, butā€¦

• Bandpass filter
  • Stereo monitoring through the audio ins
  • Portamento
  • A simple arpeggiator

<3

10 Likes

Output master LR over USB as Class Compliant Audio.
Please, pretty please.

3 Likes

More Midi CC pages.

FUNC+Button flips through pages would be awesome.

3 Likes

SP12 jam <3

hold TRK+ track buttons = change parameters on selected tracks

2 Likes

A page where you can assign specific parameters on specific tracks to the knobs. For live jam use.

1 Like

OR a master track for microtiming, where we could set microtiming for each step, and it would apply to all tracks.:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

Why would you want to apply any kind of timeshift for everything? It would still all be the same thing.

1 Like

Swing is pretty close to that, no?

1 Like

Really surprised this wasnā€™t implemented at the beginning. Would definitely like to see this.

1 Like