The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

This currently clears your trig.

2 Likes

Oops, so it does.

The secondary functions which require FUNC but can also be used with another key in place of FUNC in certain situations still throw me off.

Just keep in mind that secondary function need 2 buttons pressed :wink:

Amen

I wish we had the ability to shift the chromatic keyboard by notes.
(or even a way to transpose input notes by semitones)

The chromatic mode is a great feature, and I use it a lot.
Itā€™s just that playing something like ā€œDonā€™t Goā€ by Yaz/Yazoo spans the range by 1 note.

Yeah - I know, just use a midi keyboard :blush: , but I love just having the DT and laptop as my whole setup.

Best regards,

Gino

2 Likes

Copy/paste an entire patternā€™s settings except trigs. (can this be done?)

on my knees for: Passthru Modwheel, pitchbendā€¦if not for the sample tracks, at least for the midi ones. DT is a MIDI blackhole lol

2 Likes

Unless itā€™s a hidden key combo I think youā€™re doing minimum 3 for that.

[FUNC] + [REC] to copy pattern.
Select new pattern
[FUNC] + [STOP] to paste entire pattern.
Enter Recording mode
[PAGE] + [PLAY] to clear trigs on page.

ā€“edit-- forgot that this only clears the selected track. Not sure how to clear ALL trigs.

Problem with this method is it overwrites trigs on the pattern slot iā€™m pasting to. but thank you :slight_smile:

Ohh so you just want to copy the track settings?

Without being in REC mode [TRK] + [REC] will copy the trackā€™s entire sound settings (SRC/FLTR/AMP/LFO) and you can paste using [TRK] + [STOP]

Would need to do that a few times but at least you could keep your trigs.

Another way is to export your tracks to Sounds using [FUNC] + [Pattern Menu] to open the Import / Export screen. Export the Sound and then you could load them to the new tracks by using Import Sound.

1 Like

I as well as several other folks have mentioned this request - though Iā€™d prefer TRIG + YES.

1 Like

Honestly at this point the only feature Iā€™m really dying for is some way of auditioning samples with the loop function turned on. Not being able to hear what a single-cycle waveform sounds like without dropping it into a track slows things down significantly.

2 Likes

IIRC someone posted a workaround on this. I think if you audition the sample to replace a sample on a track set up to loop a single cycle, it auditions it with the track settings, so you can hear it properly?

(I hope I didnā€™t dream this!)

1 Like

I thought this worked too but I just tested it and you actually have to load the sample in the projectā€¦ But you can still preview the sound from the menu so thatā€™s cool. :slight_smile: Here is how :

Set your track to Loop Playmode and rather then going to Settings > Sample and choosing you sample, hit FUNC + SRC, it will display a list with the samples from your RAM. Go to an empty slot and press Yes, youā€™ll get access to your +Drive with all your samples. Now you can quickly load a sample by pressing Yes and immediately preview hit by hitting the track Trig Key, without leaving the menu.

@RabbiLeiah Hope that workaround can help you!

1 Like

I knew Iā€™d probably remembered it wrong!

That makes sense, Iā€™ll give it a try! Thanks!

Iā€™d love smooth CC automation when midi sequencing external gear.

3 Likes

Scale modes would be nice too. You could squeeze a few more notes if there was a 16 note selectable scale modes similar to how Maschine does it.

4 Likes

Got my vote. Implemented something like the Novation Circuit with two octaves in a specific key and scale type. This would be incredibly helpful and I wouldnā€™t feel the need to drag my Keystep around as much. If they did it for the Digitone too ā€¦ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Choke groups please! I know the workaround is to put in trigs with different samples, but Iā€™d like to be able to mute a track and let the other release. House and techno hats rely heavily on the interesting rhythms between some having a release and some being choked. The trig solution is too awkward, and when it comes to the hats it means having all closed and open hats are on one track which is stifling.

3 Likes

LFO on the microtrig parameter!!! And retrigger while youā€™re at it :smile:. Donā€™t know how this isnā€™t in the digitakt yet