The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

if you use sounds and not samples, does it not copy the sound locks too? (not sure as not really tried that much and can’t remember)

it is fiddly though, no two ways about it.

I had decent success with “copy pattern” and then importing the sounds, but I am mostly using it as a drum machine and sequencer for other gear in my live set up, so don’t have many sample/sounds p-locked, it’s mostly one track for kick, one for snare etc…

referencing the sample kinda makes sense as they clearly have a unique ID based on the sample itself, but the sample slots represent what’s in RAM and so immediately able to be called I guess?
so… there’s probably problems with doing it that way too.

The samples from the different projects would have to be in the RAM of the new project as well of course, just not necessarily in a particular order if you´d be able to reassign them within the pattern/track.

Does copying a MIDI track work fine? Never tried that… does it copy all setting like MIDI channel, CC values, steps, locks etc.?

Digitakt is the brain in my setup and depending on what I´m working on it can have anything from just minor additional sounds to everything done on the Digitakt exclusively.

1 Like

Live recording of retrigs.
Which I may have mentioned a couple of times already :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yes all that works how you would expect. TRK Copy to copy midi track settings, FUNC + Copy in step record mode to copy midi track steps. It’d be cool to be able to save midi presets the way you save sounds, with channel and cc values mapped.

2 Likes

Since the polyrhythm update I think there’s only one more feature left remaining to turn this into the perfect sequencer:

Playback direction, forward, back, alternating and random. Then use cond trigs to be able to change direction on the sequencer. Would also be cool to be able to change scale per track on a trig too. The Five12 vector does this and it’s crazy powerful.

8 Likes

Independent number of global steps per page (e.g. 1st bar 8 steps, 2nd bar 10 steps, and so on)

(although it’s true we can just use patterns to do so, it would add some extra flexibility without taking up pattern memory)

When sample is to long, cutting process is done to reload sample.
Digitakt don’t care about the changement.

currently you can copy the track sound and the track sequence, but not both at the same time. There should be a shortcut so you can copy and paste both the track sound and sequence at the same time

7 Likes

One thing that would be cool for the digitakt is being able to modify the root note of each pad, like c -1 is what the default is for track 1 and I have an old Casio ct 670 that it’s lowest note is c2 and it means I can’t play the digitakt tracks from those keys. Nah I mean?

1 Like

i thinks that it’s easy for developers, we must create issue with interface-idea realisation :flashlight::flashlight:

1 Like

ex. “default pitch for sample/trk” marker :writing_hand:

1 Like

Retrigger function on midi trigs and lfo destinations for (pitch)/length/velocity. Half of Digitakt is midi channels these futures will make it gold. Its great to make multiple channels for the same miditrack/connected synth. Make 2 different track lengths and lfo the note lenghts and velocity of all trigs. To get really nice changing movements going on on your synthesizers.

3 Likes

I wonder if I have a work around i’m not seeing. The 670 has midi i/o and thru and I have a kenton usb midi interface. The keyboard I was originally using was an Akai MPK Mini mk2. Would I be able to route the usb into the kenton and the out of the k into the 670? I’ve tried it but no results.

Func + Copy + Bank just for copy a complete bank not for copy a pattern.

Add a way to loop pages or smaller sections. I’m tired of having to wait for my Digitakt to have to go through the entire pattern just to see how a tiny Plock effected the sound

8 Likes

What about the ability to live preview a specific trig?

Press and hold Trig + Play

7 Likes

I was thinking more of in the context of a loop, like if I added a microtiming, I need to see how it fits it into the whole sequence

1 Like

100% this. I would love to be able to focus on just the second page of my sequence, for example. This way the whole 4 bars doesn’t need to play for me to hear the one change I made.

4 Likes

I think of it like this: if I can’t stand to hear my pattern play over and over and over and over, will anyone else?

Jan Jelinek once said something like “I need to listen to a loop for 6 hours before I know someone will listen to it for 6 minutes” (that’s NOT an exact quote).

4 Likes

Arp function as digitone

2 Likes