The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

So we should all submit an email there requesting the ability to dim the LEDs?
If we all did it, does that mean they will implement it?

2 Likes

If you want.

Thatā€™s up to Elektron to decide.

arpeggiator
Like on Digitone
Please

2 Likes

randomize any single parameter across all active steps of a selected track, generating random plocks on every step in a pattern.

Example: hold FLTR page button and click cutoff encoder. Now each step has a different value for cutoff.

BPM Detection/Counter on Audio input for sampling.

LFO can be sent to the Velocity paramenter in the TRG menu?

Whereas this can be kind of faken with LFO controlling AMP volumeā€¦

Master/FX channel to plock effects and compressor and ability to apply them to audio input

A condition Trig : LAST
Same principle as FIRST but LAST occurs when a pattern change is ready to append.

e.g. Iā€™m in A1. the pattern loops and when i choose a new pattern (A2) the LAST condition becomes True.
Useful for a crash cymbal, any transition sounds or drops. And Itā€™s independant from the ā€˜fillā€™ button that i usually use for this stuff :slight_smile:

I hope Elektron will update our DT conditions ideas !

11 Likes

I was searching is the manual yesterday for that function :slight_smile:

Very nice idea. And I think itā€™s easy to implement.

Thatā€™s a really great idea!

I donĀ“t know if this has been mentioned yet but what I have in mind is close to a proper backup solution, just a little more advanced.

I would really love an option to create a project on the computer from scratch (to me this is basically the only thing that kills the fun a bit when using the Digitakt or Digitone) or at least being able to create a new project with patterns and banks from already existing projects and then transfer it onto the Digitakt. The Transfer app could do that jobā€¦ So a backup would include all projects including soundpool, patterns, banks and settings and are interchangable via drag and drop within the Transfer app (or whatever it might be).

I start a lot of beat sketches/loops and at some point would like to consolidate my favorites in a new project for live porpuses. So far this is a real pain in the ass if not even impossible if you donĀ“t take notes of samples being used and all parameter settings and locks for each track/sample.

3 Likes

This ā€œLAST condition trigā€ is a great idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

CUE-ing up stuff in a Live performance setup

CUE SYNC next PTN
Hello does anyone here know if thereā€™s a way to slave the DT to the DN clock and CUE up the next picked DT ptn to come in and start on the 1st count after e.g. the ā€˜slaveā€™ machine is interrupted/stopped?

Like in a ā€˜liveā€™ setup DT + DN are synced/playing > i stop the DT while DN keeps going > i quickly cue up some ptn on the DT for it to start playing in sync as soon as the DN page refreshes and hits the 1st count

MASTER/SLAVE SWITCHING (Shared Clock/Sync after initial MASTER start)
If the above cue-ing up ptns would be possible, it would also be nice if you can stop 1 of both machines (in this setup) without interrupting the other. But in slave mode when you stop the master, the slave will follow obviously.

So my request would be:
If both machines are off (not playing/inactive) and one machine is started by pressing PLAY which is setup as the master, both machines synced start playing like normal. (The clock is now set and shared by both machines DT+DN) > I want to stop one of the machines while the other keeps going (even if i stop the original master) ? i CUE up the next PTN and quickly select wichTRK parts on the interrupted machine i want to all come in at the 1st beat again > i now want to switch and stop the other machine and do the same. (the MASTER + clock is switched to the active machine)

Maybe it would be possible to use the PLAY button on the inactive machine, which senses another machine is still playing, as the CUE button? (blinking untill it hits 1st beat and the machine comes on again) Meanwhile or before pressing the CUE/PLAY button you can quickly setup the PTN + TRKs to your desire

QUICK CUE of PTN TRKs
Also think it would be nice like in the above example if you could cue up different TRKs within a PTN to start playing on the 1st beat instead of immediately after selecting like a mute/unmute action (as a feature besides the current mute/unmute style) ! On a machine actively playing PTNs as well as as on an inactive/idle machine

If this already in here, please do share.
I think this would be a nifty feature to enhance live action/performance

LIVE SWITCH
In the settings menu create a switch to setup the DT/DN for live performance, activating/deactivating certain features (to not mess up for instance when busy writing/recording opposed to performing) ???

PS: considering the QUICK CUE ā€˜PTN TRK CUE-ingā€™ it might be possible in a way already if for instance on the DN i set a program change on a midi TRIG 1st note to tell the DT to start playing the PTN with only TRK 1 on, 2 off, 3 on, 4ā€¦ And have each midi TRIG setup to do a variation on these?

PS #2: If the MASTER/SLAVE SWITCHING could be a thing in a future update i would like to christen it "The FALLEN featureā€™ :wink: (youā€™ve seen the movie, right? With Denzelā€¦)

TRK MIDI NOTE TRANSFER (between hooked up Elektron machines)
Is it by any means possible to transfer/copy a PTN/TRK midi sequence over to another machine (destination) over midi?

e.g. setup
Ihave my DT + DN synced up, My DN midi channel drives external synth X, and my DT midi drives external synth Y > Now iā€™d like to layer/stack a TRK s sound to make it sound fuller/more interesting.
(create a mono sub layer or add a nice texture by filtering out frequencies, etc, you know the deal: sounddesign-wise) Therefore i want to use a DN TRKs midi note sequence to be played by synth Y (connected to the DT) > i want to copy over the part from the DN to an empty midi channel slot on the DT (A-H)

I assume all Elektron gear has a similar Sequencing approach (besides obvious differences in triggering machine exclusive parameters, basic midi note info must be identical?) Therefore copying only the midi patterns between machines should seem possible right? (i know thereā€™s a workaround to this, but iā€™d like to do it out of the box and leave my laptop chained up in the dungeon where it belongs)

Also the requested (PAGE) NOTE TRANSPOSE (SYNC + arrow UP/DOWN) would come in handy when ā€˜stacking/layeringā€™ up sounds (SND 1 + SND 2 +1 OCT, etc) besides the ā€˜trackerā€™-like approach of arranging tunes :wink:

By the way being able to transpose parts ā€˜liveā€™ would be nice as well. (i know you can do it via program change DT -> DN for example, but i dont want to use up my ā€˜empty slotsā€™ for program change messages. I easily get confused when not hearing a sound coming from a TRIG)

record + LFO = record plocks from lfo to lfo-controlled parameter

step key + IMP/EXP = export sound from selected parameter locked step rather than the track sound.

1 Like

A quick way to move note trigs for midi or regular an octave up or down :smiley:

1 Like

I think the current easiest way (which I have just spent a week doing) is to save Sounds for each pattern, whjch at least means you donā€™t need to not parameter settings and you can label them clearly as ā€œkick from pattern nameā€ or whatever.

Sound locks can still be a massive issue though of course, and itā€™s still kinda fiddly, and I agree what youā€™re asking for would be great. I think it creates issues with slot numbers for samples etc. though? Like, what if three or four pattens reference sample slot 4 in their respective projects? I think it would have to be a pretty clever solution to tackle that sort of thingā€¦

1 Like

I already had the ā€œsounds methodā€ in mind but that only saves a tiny fraction of the time that it takes to recreate a loop/track and imo not even the most annoying/tedious one.

There would most likely be issues with the sample slot reference especially with patterns from different projects. I guess having the option to ā€œfind missing sampleā€ like in a DAW for example where you can just reassign a sample from a different path would be the easiest way but that only works if the sequencer is referring to the sample itself and not the sample slot (which would make more sense imo anyway).

To me this is really the biggest flaw of both machines, I already tried to duplicate a few patterns into a new project and ended up with multiple pages in a notebook and still couldnĀ“t get everything right.