The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Digitakt needs some firmware update love

12 Likes

If only empty spots were a sign of future features. Quite a few of the boxes have empty spots in menus.

4 Likes

I just really want a second page of Midi CCā€™s on the midi tracks. Could be simple to bring up the page. Hitting the button would cycle between page 1 and 2. Shoot, you could even have it cycle through like 4 pages. Imagine having 32 CC Parameters.

3 Likes

Dude I feel you on this in a major way, it would be excellent to have a second page!!!

1 Like

Thereā€™s probably a limit on how much midi data can be sent
And a limit on how much data the sequencer can move about and output.

It could be like expecting your PS4 to display everything in 4K , in reality itā€™s just not powerful enough to draw 4x the amount of graphics and they had to upgrade the hardware for something that might seem simple.

Thatā€™s a bummer. I understand the need to fill up the screen, but literally anything could go there. Iā€™d even take a nice little animation of some sort there just to spice things up.

Thanks, just tried this and for me exporting the sounds works best as it auto-imports and auto-assigns the samples (when you are going between projects).

Best regards,

Gino

2 Likes

A switch to send the track to headphone monitoring.

6 Likes

A cynical person might think that Elektron leave empty boxes to give the impression of more to come without ever commiting to actually filling them.

2 Likes

I have a feeling weā€™ll be gettin a mk II in a year or two with many of our most wanted features added, think after the compressor the DT is going to stay more or less the way it is.

Hope Iā€™m wrong!

I think you are right!

Did they ever fill up that boxes? Not as far i knowā€¦
My wish is to be able to save patterns with samples and sound, or at least to be able to share patterns between projects ( with samples and/or sounds )

1 Like

I hope youā€™re wrong too!

The Digitakt is so close to being pretty perfect, it wouldnā€™t take much to round it out.
People are consistently asking for the same things - thereā€™s a very clear and real path to completion.

8 Likes

Second CC Page and possibility to P-Lock Reverb time/density for me please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As much as Iā€™d like to see DT get some attention, iā€™d be surprised if it gets any more features at this point. Weā€™re 2 years in now and the current non-beta OS is almost a year old.

1 Like

That truee AK and A4 have a lot of empty boxesā€¦and nothing happensā€¦:sob:

I think you should prepare to be surprisedā€¦ all you need to do is look at the update history of all other Elektron machines and you will see the futureā€¦

2 Likes

I always wished they would implement a modulation source for Velocity - that way you could compensate a bit about having only one LFO per track, while adding variation without adding more process powerā€¦

of course other things like BPF, zoom on source page, etc. (basically what weā€™ve all been saying forever) are more importantā€¦

I wish they would tell us that theyā€™re at least trying to implement new featuresā€¦

4 Likes

That would be pretty dope. I often use the Sample Volume with an lfo for more humanized hi hats and percussion which works well for the most part.

5 Likes

I 'd love the samples pitch shifted steps (accessible with the shift button while turning the knob) to shift in octaves added / substracted to the in user fine tuned value instead of 0/+12/-12/+24/-24 . ( the delay time knob works this way)
for exemple, if I need to tune a sample at 0.56 to be in tune with other tracks,
turning the knob with shift, would give me +12.56 -11.56 -23.56ā€¦
that would allow greater flexibility when using it with tonal material. such as bass samples or chords. this would allow to tune the sample once and for all.

3 Likes