The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Official Elektron Branded Battery Pack for the Digitakt.

I do actually have a simple wish for the Digitakt and I donā€™t think it would big hassle to implement :
The ability to retain the sound filter type per track in the project through out patterns.

Hereā€™s why itā€™s useful, I am sure most people dedicate tracks for specific things for instance track 1 for kicks, track 2 for hihats etc. (or whatever it might be)
if I am setting up pattern 1, track 1 sound filter to something (say kicks for instance) I want to be able to find that filter already setup for me in pattern 2, track 1 when I transition that would save a tremendous amount of time and makes performing live much better IMO.

If you use your DT like a drum machine for instance you would love this, if you donā€™t dedicate your tracks for specific duties you can always change this nothings is set in stone.

@Ess is this feasible at all ? any thoughts ?

1 Like

I would like the ability to latch the track button when using TRK+All (CTRL ALL) function.

1 Like

I have a similar workflow. I created a template that I open (along with a backup in case I accidentally save over it) to use as an init project.

Ability to quickly loop 16 bars of a 64 beat pattern even if itā€™s not at the start of a pattern.

4 Likes

id wish i can connect external hdd to usb port on digitakt and just swim in samples <3

Connect a SP-404 (or any sampler) and your all set.

how much samples can sp404 hold up please :slight_smile: ?

Storage space depends on the SD card size if SX or A, CF for OG 404. Each pad can hold a sample for a total of 120. 404 is awesome but paired with a DN to sequence it itā€™s another story. Shameful plug below is a quick tune with DN and the 404SX playing guitar samples.

2 Likes

It would be cool to see Pattern Chain sequence on the creen when you press PTN button if chain mode is active. :+1:

4 Likes
  1. Polyphony on a single track, built-in in the machine (like MPC Live). I am aware you can use Retrokit cables or M4L, but this not always convenient.

2. Proper SOLO function - no octopus style muting for achieving this.

3. Perhaps a different colour combination for the mute/active state of tracks, when the sequence is running? Sometimes it is a bit confusingā€¦

3 Likes
  • more filter modes (at least a bandpass to cope with the already available HP and LP)
  • true stereo imaging for the inputs
  • portamento/glide and polyphony would be great if CPU does allow it.
6 Likes

an even more responsive micro timing

1 Like

Multi Map for digitakt :yum:

5 Likes

I donā€™t know if itā€™s what youā€™re talking about, but the knob response when micro timing always felt too fast to me - wish the encoders werenā€™t so sensible when adjusting that parameter

1 Like

I have to say, Iā€™m a bit dissapointed there was no Digitakt OS update on Superboothā€¦ :frowning:

18 Likes

me too

1 Like

The end of the month would be a more likely although not necessarily likely date for an update, being the 2 year mark.
Why dont you use the arrow keys for microtiming?, I didnt find it was practical to even try using the endoders.

2 Likes

I would be pretty satisfied if dt got multi map and portamento. Simple things that open up the box a ton

Other than that just continue with OB. As far as im concerned anything else is just icing. My DT has been solid for me

5 Likes

me tooā€¦ too

a basic mode song to use digitakt as backing track
i hope this feature since iā€™ve bought the machine

1 Like