The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

I’m thinking of some alternatives in the meantime like setting up beat repeats in ableton that I could control and plock via the DT.

There also might be a Max4Live device that would literally act as a midi re-trigger that I could give up a few CC knobs to control.

Or even just Ableton’s built in ARP could be configured to do this kind of stuff actually! Shit, and beyond really. . . :thinking:

Damnit Elektron, once again something I thought was a shortcoming is leading to new creative ideas fixes that might be cooler than the thing I wanted in the first place.

(I still stand by wanting this addition though.)

1 Like

no. but you can get part-way to what you asked via copy-pasting a sequence to a midi track. it will copy the triggers’ positions, note pitch, and trig conditions. unfortunately no velocity data is copied over. and obvs no retrig data.

5 Likes

Trig + yes to preview p-locked step!

10 Likes
  • scale per track !!
7 Likes

We will have NOTHING!!!

1 Like

Please i am bassist, i need my hands ! I have a pedal for the DT.
Can you include in midi message “next” and “preview pattern” and “fill”.
thanks !

4 Likes

This has been asked a thousand time but I will ask again :

Could we get the external input to go through the Delay and Reverb? I recently learned that is was available on the Digitone and it makes me so jealous, aha, the Delay and Reverb in those machine are just beautiful.

Does anyone know if this question has been addressed by Elektron around here? Would this be technically possible or should I sell a kidney to buy a Strymon?

8 Likes

It’s not been addressed as far as I know but it’s a real shame, one of my favourite things to do is grab an Elektron and another synth on the sofa or whatever and run the synth into the Elektron, using it as a “mixer” and to add effects to the synth. Nice, casual, simple setup for a little jam.

This can’t be done with the Digitakt - while you can monitor the signal in mono, you need a pedal or whatever to add effects. It compromises the neat portability aspect when compared to the Digitone and as a result I use the latter much more, while the Digitakt gathers dust.

I do recall reading that the Digitone has twice the cpu power of the Digitakt but that shouldn’t be a factor really as there’s only a single instance of the delay and reverb so it shouldn’t use any more cpu to allow you to send the monitor to it. Maybe it’s a streamlining UX thing but I think Elektron need to allow the Digitakt to be box it could be (eg this feature, scale per track) even if it makes the UI a little more complex, especially now the M:S is there to cover the ultra simple end of the market. Maybe @Ess can comment on this specific feature?

4 Likes

I’m in the same situation, I love minimal setup and the ability to blend an external synth with the Digitakt mix would make it so perfect<3 Anyway, thank you for your answer, that’s interesting stuff. I don’t know much about CPU and DSP but yeah at first glance it feels possible to implement. And if the CPU power really is an issue, maybe we could have the option to “sacrifice” an audio track and have the external input take his place? Just an idea

3 Likes

Yeah I thought exactly the same about sacrificing an audio track! I’d also love to be able to trade two mono tracks for one stereo track for atmospheric sounds etc

6 Likes

I hope there is CPU power left for it, but it’s tight. I think it would be a great addition to the DT but cannot make any promises.

20 Likes

Thanks for the reply man, appreciate it! :crossed_fingers: there’s CPU left for a base/width filter option at least :wink:. All the best!

4 Likes

Why? It’s objectively either an oversight or a deliberate and unnecessary limitation. Which would, to all intents and purposes, be an oversight.

Cool. Xx

Sounds like you need an Octatrack.

1 Like

Just ordered an OT (again. The last had a loose screw, so returned it and craved more for a DN at that time, so got that instead). But I also want a DT for drums (Again. Have returned a couple with loose screws. Got a good one, but returned it to get the OT, because I wanted more depth. But it had a loose screw). A middle thing between the 2, but as hands on as the M:S would be golden. A good middle thing.
It also sounds like I might have ADD with all those “unnecessary” details hehe.

The micro timing is really exciting, an update to stretch the locking grid,

bigger than the old.

New values ​​,for micro timing adjustment :blush: :
Even easier to point a note in a measured time
Please !

2 Likes

Haha, yeah, let loose screws lie, buddy :slight_smile:

Butbutbut, they are important to keep everything together! :smiley: Unless if it’s unnecessary screws for cosmetic use of course :thinking:

1 Like