The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

i know this. this was the reason to vote again for better update policy on the digitakt.

because when its so easy to implement update to model samples why not any improvement on the digitakt.

its such a pity that elektron cares nothing about the existing products.

i’ve spend a lot of money for dt and dn.

1 Like

DT has OB. The model samples does not. This is a major factor in updates right now. Machine simplicity is why the model samples is easier to update.

Change Sidechain so the chanel feeding the sidechain input is not compressed to get a ducking/pumping effect!

3 Likes

Your getting inevitable updates along with OB. It wouldn’t make sense for them to push them in between given they don’t have unlimited resources for this stuff…

Calm down man. That’s a bit harsh. Digitakt has had many (v useful) updates already. Keep the faith. They’ll get around to things when they can. It’s not as if they’re all sat around laughing about the money coming in.

8 Likes

Wow this thread is impossibly large so forgive me if this has been requested before.

The free running LFO phase should always start at 0 when you press play, and the SPH should be a phase offset for the free running LFO.

Is it maybe just a hardware limitation?

I’ve been thinking about this one for a while now :

A second set of Trig Conditions. I would love to have 2 Trig Conditions that would be evaluated one after the other. The thing is I use a lot of the x% condition, but sometimes, even if you want randomness, you don’t want a particular event to happen at the first measure for example. So you could imagine having a “anti-1st” Trig Condition in a first slot and a 41% Trig Condition in a second slot.

I’ve came across a lot of situation where that would have been handy, so yeah thought I would share! Also there is a space available on the audio tracks TRIG page already :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nope it is definitely not. It’s a software choice.

1 Like

Should be a toggle/parameter/lfo type so if your playing lfo’d sounds with the sequencer not running they won’t get reset if you push play…

Have you tried a parameter lock on step one for lfo toggle and maybe also start phase?
I need to test but I think locking the toggle on restarts the lfo on AR…

Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn’t have the desired result because both SPH and LFO.T have no effect on a free running LFO. Trying this out did lead me to a cool use case that almost accomplishes what I want, though:

So, enabling LFO.T on first step AND parameter locking the LFO MODE to TRIG does consistently start the LFO at whatever SPH is set to, and the free running takes over from there. This is pretty cool, and leads to a consistent free running modulation, however it will reset along with the sequence, which makes perfect sense. What I’m trying to accomplish is an LFO that loops in say 3/16 against a typical 16 step sequence such that it lines up every three beats forever, but with this it will always repeat beats 1 and 4 (instead of 1.1, 1.4, 2.3, etc).

The offness (IMO) of this design stands out a lot when your LFO DEST is SAMPLE START. Imagine a sample with various very different textures. Now, every time you press play you get completely different start points, so you can’t really dial in a composition that can be recalled in a set or whatever. Again with the p-lock LFO TRIG approach you do get repeatable modulation, but if the LFO phase simply started where SPH was set to on pressing play, you’d have control over the composition and get polymetric variation - all without having to mess about with p-locks etc.

I do see the point about having a setting to disable / enable this, however if I had to pick one I’d prefer the phase starting a 0 like pretty much every free synced LFO in Live (the latest M4L one even calculates the offset based on the timeline so if you stop and continue mid-measure it will line up mathematically - blew my mind.

2 Likes

Sample Drag&drop from DAW to OB.

2 Likes

Not to interfere with your feature request, but I’m always looking for current solutions.
You could try your technique but put it on the second trig (assuming you want a play trig on step 1 and your not using step2) as a lock trig with first condition and microtime that as far to the left as it will go, if the very slight offset is OK with you…
…That max lfo sounds next lev. :slight_smile:

That’s good thinking, and it exposes something I didn’t expect. The first condition seems to only impact whether the trigger is heard, but doesn’t stop it from from resetting the LFO as if the condition wasn’t there. I didn’t try this with a p-lock only step with micro timing, though. Will experiment more.

I’m thinking out loud without testing (on AR as I don’t have DT but often Elektron is Elektron)…
What I was thinking is that the first condition with the lfoT and trig lock would start the lfo when you press play as desired, but then not reset it every pass as it was a first condition. And yeah, the microtime trick is just for if you already have a trig on step 1 so don’t want to put a first condition there…

There is a 1st conditional trig, why isn’t there a last conditionbal trig?

Ok, I know you are going to say, but we don’t know when that will happen on a loop. Maybe if I ask for a ‘change trig’ instead, so the trig only fires when a pattern change has been initiated.

That way we can improve pattern changes by embellishing the current pattern on the last loop before a change. How cool would that be?

It would also give the ability to send midi data to set external gear before the next pattern occurs so devices are ready on the first beat of the next pattern. (which is the original reason for this request).

Anyway, I look forward to seeing this implemented soon as you just know it’s a great idea.

p.s. it applies to all boxes that have conditional trigs, not just the lovely Digitakt

2 Likes

Why not use fill if you just want it to be used as a pattern change condition? Just hit fill before you change pattern and it should do what you are asking, unless I am missing something?

2 Likes

I had thought of that, but sometimes I want the fill to do other things instead. Besides, I’m no octopus and maybe twiddling with something else after I have initiated a pattern change.

polymetrics

Shortcut to load project. Similar to Func+Src. Load Project is buried far too deep in the menus. Suggestion Func+Bank goes directly to Load Project.

1 Like