The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

This is already happening when using loopback or external controller. Enabling it for internal stuff shouldn’t be too hard. Would be nice to see indeed. Visual feedback like this is always welcome.

1 Like

I think that the most likely scenario Is that if they get enough request for a feature through the official feature request email there is consideration for adding that feature in.
This thread is not that official channel.
This thread is more like shouting into a wishing well.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this thread as well as the other feature request threads are read by Elektron. Doesn’t mean they do anything with it but it would be a waste not to do anything with so much feedback.

If you say so, Maybe you’re more in the know

I personally don’t think an elektron employee is combing through the 2000+ post contained it this thread or others and tallying up what users want. Either way, they have an official request email. That is really where people should send request if they want them to be officially recognized. It exist for a reason.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if any of these request threads makes really a difference. It’s a very, very low percentage of device owners who visit this forum and even a lower percentage who really posts.

So these threads are in no way a representation what the “average” device owner really wants.

IMHO they really know very well what’s missing and they also know very well why it’s missing (technical restrictions, design decisions, effort vs. benefit, tight product-to-market schedule etc.pp.).

3 Likes

Totally agreed. Its why I have to chuckle at all the people requesting sample locks for the M:S. It’s not in there for a reason. If they end up adding it I will be more surprised than if they don’t.

It’s trivial to do some analysis on forum topics containing 90% text. It wouldn’t be very smart not to use so much customer feedback. They could simply do it at database level if they wish. But all we can really do is guess. You’re free to believe they nothing with the feedback on the forum, I’m free to believe they do. I hope the truth is somewhere in middle :smiley:

1 Like

I hope they don’t, design by committee/users almost always generates terrible results.

6 Likes

What I really need is mute groups like on the akai mpc

Now that even the mpc has a sidechain effect that offers ducking the digitakt (with no seperate outs) has to get that, too, c‘mon.

2 Likes

Midi re-trigs… PLEASE!

A CNTRL-ALL menu that allows you to choose which tracks are affected by using it

4 Likes

You know the forward backward loop mode, hoping this will be implemented in a near future.
Such a simple but powerful loopmode.

3 Likes

what’s forward loop mode?

Is Loop type a destonation for the LFO? can’t remember…

if it was you could probably work around it by setting up an LFO to switch from fwd mode to back mode at the right speed?

Ty duckchild for the reply, have to try but sounds a bit complicated.
Back in the days Akai had the forward reverse loop function, pretty handy for looping short chordsampled pads for smoother loop transitions or just as a effect.

tbh, I’m not sure it is an LFO destination anyway…

1 Like

Yes you can assign LFO to “play mode” but it’s a bit difficult to get the right LFO depth, also you could p-lock play mode, but if you want a more “randomized” condition you need to use LFO.

3 Likes

Assuming you’ve maxed out your 64 steps, why not create two indentical patterns except one plays forward and the other plays in reverse? Then either chain them to play one after the other or use the Midi Out to Midi In trick to send the pattern changes. Could work :face_with_monocle:

1 Like