The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Sample portamento / glide if two trigs overlap; there’s a nice free spot on the trig page to implement a bi-polar encoder; auto-glide one way, always glide the other.

And audio in to fx is a good second in my opinion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Trigless trig SLIDE. (P-lock parameter slide) :crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like

My two main wishes.
Zoom in SRC to better set looppoints on imported samples.
Sample amplification on imported samples.

4 Likes

Same as Track Chance on the Model:Samples, except the Trig conditions aren’t evaluated unless the “Track Condition” aka Track Chance = true.

Is that per step? Or per pattern length?

Please Elektron!
Playing with my Opz I realized how this makes a difference in performance…

1 Like

My preference would be pattern length.

• More feature requests:
    Like others I would really like independent Time stretch/Pitch; like OT
    Octave transpose; like DN.
1 Like

Transposition for patterns, please.
At least for midi tracks or something like arpeggiator feature.

Pitch envelope for single cycle waveform synth fun times/percussion sound design

1 Like

inverse conditional loop trigs.

instead of play every X:X. 1:3 = first loop of every three
play all but X:X. 3:1 = all three loops but the first. [put a line over or under the value to indicate inverse]

4 Likes

I have to say I really want that our beloved DT will have new features, but I don’t believe Elektron is interested in adding any features… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

They better be interested if they want to sell more devices… otherwise they’re going to lose customers and have to build new devices, and they’re already struggling to support the existing ones.

• Here’s another ez feature add; visible LFO effects for a bit of eye candy.
    Explanation: When an LFO is acting on a parameter say, the Filter Resonance I want it to move in real time.
10 Likes

Polyphonic playback
Timestretch
Crossfades

1 Like

Besides my favorites “Scale per track” and “Audio monitoring with effects”, I really want the DT to read sustain loop tags embedded in WAVE files.

You save a lot of time and you have the possibility to create perfect loops using editor software.

Rohan, the developer of the Deluge, didn’t know there existed such tags. But then within two days it was built into the Deluge’s firmware.

Haha, yeah I mean why not. Similar to the secondary SRC view, but for the LFO. All along with a few guides/markers for the trigs and the bpm.

1 Like

my first Elektron device is on is way (but unfortunatly not in stock) so spending my time watching YT vids and reading this thread. My first thought reading back this topic is : "is there any feature request from this thread that is actually implemented? " ok the compressor is there but what does Elektron offer besides bug fixes. Anyone?
Im also a modular freak and suddenly feel spoiled with the crazy amount of nice updates such as Expert Sleepers (Disting) does.

From this thread probably little, because this is not the official request path to elektron. But if you look at the history of their boxes, the have a track record of adding features post release

2 Likes

Well, finally Overbridge 2.0 (beta) :wink:

Speaking of OB2: this project took quite many unplanned resources. None of their devices got much improvements in the last 1.5 years.

Additionally they ramped up their release cycle to a new device each year. I’m not sure if we can expect improvements over many years for each of them like it was before (because that simply doesn’t scale).

Echoing the already mentioned sensible requests:

Bandpass filter
Per track multiplier
MIDI RETRIG!
Zoom of waveform in SRC

And

Upgrade of Sample Trim page

Make use of currently unused buttons, like UP-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT, these buttons have no function in sample trim)

A press of UP would play sample as normal as if one pressed Func + Yes

A press of Down would be able play sample looped between sample trim start and sample trim end if button held

Buttons LEFT - RIGHT in sample trim would play from different points ie: button LEFT would play from a portion before the sample trim start, button RIGHT would play from after the sample trim end. (See: handling of Sample trim in the latter versions of MPC JJ OS)

Grasping at the straws here, but maybe an exotic filter like a phone filter or formant filter throw into the filter page would be cool

2 Likes

Has anyone thought to have a voting system for these Features. How do you think Elektron chooses which feature to add? If they add any more.