The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Biggest ask for me right now is to be able to identify what sounds are used in projects, and subsequently use an operation to remove everything from the +Drive that isn’t in a project, or somehow let me clean out my drive without removing the samples I’m using…

4 Likes

I did wonder if project recall did this on the overbridge beta but I haven’t had chance to compare yet.
Or even exporting sysex , blanking out sounds , samples etc , then re importing.

In general I tend to think it doesn’t optimize anything

If i recall the manual correctly samples inside the RAM/ inside a project are actually copies of the samples on the +drive. I guess it doesn’t matter if you delete a sample on the +drive that is used inside a project as long as you leave the project untouched.
Just a thought.

Tbh I got my DT two days ago, so I’m not quite sure if it is in fact missing but:

You know what would really float my boat ?
If I could reverse the logic of 1:4, 2:4, 3:4, 4:4 Conditions.

for example NOT 3:4 :
So instead of triggering every 3 out of 4 Events it would do every Event except of the third (if that makes sense)

I’m sorry if I missed something and it already exists or someone else already mentioned it but I just found that to be a missing option for some of my sequences.

Happy New Year everyone

5 Likes

You can do that by using one silent trigger before the actual one and by using the NOT PRE condition.

Takes up twice of the space though, so it could be a bit tricky with tight 16th note sequences.

5 Likes

oh, ok I see. I will try that. Thanks a lot !

Hmm I noticed there is no symbol in the font for flat (say I want to call something “CHORD Gb” it comes out all caps “CHORD GB” so for now I do CHORD F# I guess but maybe a small tweak to add one more character that’s a lower case b?

1 Like

Just tried it and it works like a charm, thanks !

1 Like

Could somebody check if the send fx delay feedback and reverb decay reset to saved value when using ‘reload ptn’ ?

• Put the delay into a high feedback so it goes into self oscillation (lower the delay volume a bit so you won’t blow up your speakers)
  • press func + no.

Does the feedback keep going or does it reset?

I’m running a beta OS and the parameter value resets visually but the feedback just keeps on going u til I wiggle the feedback encoder. Same with the reverb decay. Curious if this is the same in OS 1.10 as I recall that it did reset.

It keeps going until a sound is trigged or until an encoder is turned. Same when changing patterns. It has always been like this.

Hmm, works feedback resets normally (1.10)

1 Like

anything you parameter lock is exempt from “CTRL-ALL” as well if that helps as a workaround in the meantime.

1 Like

Works here normally too now. Very strange. Will keep an eye on when it happens. Last time it just kept going while a pattern was playing. Thanks for checking.

2 Likes

also - if you are running out of space on the track you are using due to 16th patterns you can (potentially) use the NEI and Not-NEI condition instead and put the original condition on a trigless trig on the neighbour track.

1 Like

Sure, no problem

1 Like

I’m not the first to ask for this but… I’d really like stereo monitoring to happen.

My usual setup is:
2 mono synths
=> into A4 (to benefit from the Reverb/Delay for external synths)
=> into Digitakt

But it makes me lose all the stereo from the A4 and the two other synths.

When I use only the Digitakt and the A4 I go Digitakt into A4 to avoid the issue but it’s a shame that this is not an option on the Digitakt.

3 Likes

A mode that if one trig is longer than one step in length it would still stay on the same step for the whole length. Its harder to see the structure but a great way to experiment. Even if all 16 trigs on a page were recorded you could still change some of them to be much longer than one step and they would not overlap.

Another request is individual note lengths and velocity in polyphonic recording.

I would like fade in and out - Band pass & Notch filters. Song mode or at least being able to save chained patterns. Auto play for sample preview. Option to delete un-used samples from project. Am sure this stuff has been ask for before but just my 2 cents. Thanks Elektron. Can’t wait for overbridge 2 public beta coming soon. (Next week?)

3 Likes

i second that

Hello peoples… Adding my +1 to a few suggestions already listed :sunglasses:

:tv: One more vote for Scale Per Track, please.
It would really improve on the already stellar capability of length per track.

:tv: Another vote for Swing Per Track (or even better, per individual Trig!)
Sometimes you want a mix of swung notes and straight notes. Can it be done?

:tv: I’d love it if coarse adjusting Tune made it jump in semi-tone increments!
The encoders are pretty sensitive in general, I think this one in particular
could be greatly improved if the algorithm was refined to more musical intervals.
Pretty please ? Thank you for all that you do. Ok I’m gonna go play now :headphones:

2 Likes