The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Just thought of this one yesterday:

It’d be sweet if there was a button combo that would suspend the knob behavior temporarily.

This way you’d hit the button combo, turn your knob, for example to pitch up a sample, then release the combo and the knob snaps to that value.

In this way you wouldn’t hear the pitch sliding up as you turn the knob in real-time . (Just an example)

3 Likes

How would you turn off step/live mode then? I think it’s not much of a hassle to hold rec and press play to switch to live mode and it can even be done when a sequence is running without a problem.

Just hit the record button again (toggle the record modes), without having to stop the machine.

The current scheme does not work regularly for me.
I wind up having to try a few time before getting it locked in.
It could be me being a doofus, it could be my particular unit, IDK.

But a toggle (based on pushing only one button) would be simpler, and would not adversely affect anyone’s current usage.

I was just thinking a ‘selective control all’ would be really cool.

Op-Z lets me pick which tracks I want in the group to be controlled. i wish Digitakt let me do this, too!

Pick tracks you don’t want to get all messed up, like the Kick for example, and then mangle the rest.

I’d be a happy camper if we had this implemented!

4 Likes

usb midi host

Sort of a DT OB request. I haven’t tried the beta, but would love the following feature:

Allow samples to be quickly drag-dropped from the DAW onto tracks on the DT.

This would allow quickly chopping up samples on the DAW and then quickly adding it to the DT for hands on performance and manipulation that could then be recorded back into the DAW. Seems like a killer combo, but if adding samples to the DT and assigning to tracks is cumbersome it will break the flow.

1 Like

i think it would be cool for an option to use the midi tracks rather as more flexible type machines allowing different functions within the pattern (assuming you aren’t sending midi to anything). “midi track” being just one option out of a few.

like perhaps be able to use them as different pattern fill (scenes of some sort i guess)… or different pattern sequence order

like by default the sequence is always playing forward (step 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8… etc. or whatever pattern lengths is set in the page functions), but then you could press say pad 9 and the pattern/tracks lengths will change to a different configuration. or maybe the play order is 1,3,5,7,9. pad 10 would do something different… and so on.

or maybe they allow switching between different conditional plocks… allowing the ability to change how the probability is happening on one pattern.

so basically instead of midi, there is option to use buttons 9-16 are ‘scenes’ which control different and customizable track lengths / play order / probability… like scatter on the roland stuff but user designable, classy and without all the cheese - so it is less about fx and more about providing even more variation within the one pattern.

…oh and one more… for whatever drum track is selected, buttons 9-16 could be used to set different settings for that samples start, length and loop settings…

1 Like

yeah this would be cool… one current work around I can think of is resample your kick and then change something like its filter to none that way you can at least mess with control all on the filter freely with out fear of messing with your kick.

6 Likes

You know I never really understood why filtertype None existed, but this sounds like a pretty legitimate use for it!

3 Likes

You’re not describing the current process.

Sequence playing, no record LED is for sounding and selecting tracks.
Press the record button to enter grid mode.
Record and play for live record. You can then press the record button to go back to the grid mode, no need to stop the sequencer.

I like this idea, it’s actually how it used to be with my former drum machine, the Korg Volca Beats. Maybe this could be in the PAGE (fill/scale) button, where the pattern length is shown there are already the 16 [TRIG] buttons with red light, instead of choosing always in order (starting from 1), we should be able to choose the ones that we want (in your case from 2 to 6).

how can you do this? I have tried, but never managed.

yes! this! and now that I have the light thing in mind. what about making the four LED lights from the pages more distinguishable? In grid mode, I can hardly distinguish in which page I am sometimes. And I have to press the button many times to recognize it by the movement…

Is this only happening to me?

How about have a macro knob page for audio channels? So we can control multiple parameters that are in different pages. We can control them at same time in one knob. That can be very useful for live playing.

1 Like

yeah, this is a problem with I guess all elektron products I have used … in this case a repeated fail imho.

CHAIN RECORD MODE???

I don’t know if this has already been suggested or not but I think this could really help everyone who prefers to record performances rather than loops of 64. If possible, I would really appreciate a way to press the REC and PLAY with the monochromatic mode on and just basically have a chained REC mode and be able to record as long as the entire project chained together would work out to in steps. 16 patterns per project of 64 steps for 1024 steps ? Don’t know if it would be possible but, I’d like to be able to use this as my only source aside from samples or sampling and I perform my parts and breaking it into 64 steps is good when you build by types of parts, but I go from whole tracks of a synth and then add drums, etc and if you could chain record, maybe I don’t know and you already can?

1 Like

SONG MODE?

Str.

Please, HOLD NOTE :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hiya!

Got my DT a couple weeks ago and pretty much this is the only feature I would love (said the same thing for the DN)

Maybe just hold TRK and press the encoder, then you can name it with the little keyboard with things like FLTR, DLY, RSN, FDBK, GAIN etc

2 Likes

+1
selective control all is a must!
Let’s realise it by holding TRK + the Track# you want to exclude and mangle the sh*t out of it!

2 Likes