The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Totally agree with the earlier post about free running LFO starting at 0 phase when you press play, at the least. Even better would be if the phase was calculated relative to the timeline like Abletons M4L LFOs. They’re quite brilliant in that even if you press play somewhere further along the timeline, the phase will be correct with respect to that timeline. It also corrects itself when you change the sync rate while playing. It wasn’t always like this but I believe they updated it around version 9 and I was pretty impressed, mainly because I’m so bad at math I would have never figured out to do that in my own M4L pursuits.

3 Likes

I’m aware this is a completely self-serving request, but I really wish there was a way to turn the chromatic keyboard into a trig field of cascading velocities for the chosen sample, maybe be able to move a few notches left or right to determine max/min velocity, that way you could chromatically record something like hi hats or kick drums at more than one velocity within a pattern in real time. Maybe already been mentioned, but it’s been on my mind.

5 Likes

I’d like the keyboard to be two rows separated by fourths, like bass guitar strings…

3 Likes

I just got a Digitakt again after a 2 years hiatus and I’m truly blown away but how much it has evolved in this period, pretty much all that I’ve wished for in the past has been implemented! :open_mouth:

The only thing that’s missing is the ability to group tracks to that they could be played polyphonicaly, that would make it my perfect standalone groovebox. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Would be awesome and very much like the old-skool Akai/Roger Linn concept of 16 Levels and 16 Velocities.

2 Likes

I don’t care if it’s roger linn, roger moore, or roger from zapp

I’ll take it if they’re offering!

check out the digichain thread, @brian3kb has already implemented something along those lines with his midi spreader

5 Likes

That looks great, but it requires using a computer which I avoid like the plague! :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t blame you, but it might be compatible with a phone or ios, you’d have to ask @brian3kb though because I don’t have a definitive answer for you.

1 Like

Probably straying into overcomplication, but I’d quite like this to be extended to cover any parameter, which would effectively make it a way to play p-locks live into the sequencer. So you move an encoder to select a parameter, then hit a key combo and you’re ‘playing’ it on the buttons. It’s very handy having this on the Force, where you can set up four 4x4 grids with each covering velocity, pitch, cutoff and so on. It’s not essential, but it’s very convenient and can lead to some interesting results you might otherwise miss.

3 Likes

It won’t work on iOS unfortunately as Apple does not implement the webMIDI or webUSB API’s in webkit, which all browsers are currently forced to use on their mobile platforms (at least until the EU gets their way later in the year :crossed_fingers:).

1 Like

Well shiver me timbers, as they say on the olde pirate ship. Is Android platform browser under the same weighted thumb of despotism?

1 Like

That will make Ricky Tinez happy, for one …

1 Like

Copy and paste banks please.

2 Likes

Better, but looping back to the same device ID doesn’t seem to work on Android, as it only ever shows one in/out per connected device (which means thr spreader is a desktop only affair unfortunately).

This mobile protocol is not a team player.

1 Like

In case I havn’t said it before, ability to save samples to +drive without saving the whole project, not only do I want to avoid saving any mistaken changes to other patterns that I have made prior to loading said samples, I also dont want to screw up entire old projects with pattern breaking lfo updates.

This is such a strange limitation of Elektron LFO’s. I spent a while this week trying to get a synced pitch LFO to work as a kind of pseudo sequencer on the OT and it just wasn’t possible.

1 Like

Totally hearing you on that one, and it’s a function that the MPC range has product maintained and expanded for decades. It’s such a cool way of ‘playing’ automation and so much more performative for me than turning a knob or drawing automation.

1 Like

Requesting song mode starting value parity across boxes: At the moment the first line in songs on OCTA and A4 is labeled 00, whereas for Digitakt (and I imagine other DIGI boxes) it starts on 01. This is confusing if you are trying to use song modes/arrangers in tandem because everything on the digitakt is offset by 01. It makes no difference in terms of functionality but it would be a great QOL improvement for anyone who is using multiple Elektron boxes.

1 Like

** FAVORITE PARAMETERS PAGE **

• I’d love a 4th ‘Master’ page that looks similar to the ‘Internal Mixer’ page but each knob can be assigned to any parameter within that pattern - for any track - like a favorites page. (throw this on the DN, too)
  • This way, I could, for example, control the depth of LFO 2 on Track 3 and the lowpass filter of Track 7 at the same time, without having to page swap or select which track I want to manipulate.

This would be a game changer for manipulating sounds. The act of selecting a specific track and then page diving just to affect one parameter on that page feels like… well it could just be so much easier and cooler. Sure, sure, one could do this with an external midi controller but like, those knobs are already there… and I want my MIDI IN for other things…

I posted about this a couple years ago and it didn’t get much traction so I’m posting again. I still really want this! PLEASE <3

11 Likes