The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Hmm, I’m not familiar with the concept of macros or the AR workflow. I’ll have to check it out!

A macro is similar to your idea of favorite, only you can map it to more than one parameter (so for example increase decay while simultaneously increasing send). On the AR these mappings are relative to the parameter you are controlling and you can control the range as well. When the macro is at 0, the original parameter value as you programmed it is used, but as you increase the macro the parameter is offset relative to that value with respect to the range you’ve set (positive or negative). It’s amazing.

2 Likes

Ah word, yeah that sounds very dope. Would love to have something like that on DT/DN. But really just want to not page dive during a performance haha

2 Likes

I’d love a “Slot Machine” in the same way the OT can trigger multiple sample slots.

1 Like

do it once, save this project and set write protection

Possibility to cut, the sample, kept, in memory.

Add that to the existing workflow

1 Like
  1. Arp with several modes like euclidian etc.
  2. polyphony
  3. extended memory
  4. lower knob resolution
  5. digital filter incl. bandpass
  6. analog filter
  7. drastic extended modulation capabilities
  8. non erratic LFO sync
  9. more parallel effect types
  10. sampling features on an up to date level
  11. granular/grain
  12. display
  13. separate effect lane in overbridge (like in syntakt)
  14. more useful manual
  15. memory and menu structure (samples/pattern/sound/projects)
    This might require new hardware (not the manual…). Some iridium/peak features fused with digitakt would be a dream.
3 Likes

I know it’s been said exactly like this before, but throwing it out there again for redundancy: using dual tracks for stereo samples. Say you have a single stereo sample sharing track 7 and 8. Adjusting the filter (for example) applies to both tracks.

This would fit well with the DN’s 4-track/8-voice (ish) philosophy imo.

4 Likes

Pattern notes & timer A button combo would bring up a screen where you could have a note for the pattern. There could also be a small clock showing current playtime. These would be useful in a set and to remember things you have worked on before.

I’m thinking Bank + Page or Song + Page. It would be a momentary pop-up screen, which would disappear when you release the keys. You could open and edit the note in the pattern menu.

It’s probably been said, but it would be nice to be able to instantly jump between patterns while the beat is playing as a performance tool, instead of waiting til the end of the pattern. Holding the FILL button while selecting the pattern during playback, or an option in the settings somewhere.

Also, move the retrig feature from the D pad to the two empty knob slots in the TRG page for quicker application to individual trigs.

2 Likes

Crossfade and pingpong looping
Fixed numbers for SRR/BRR
Zoom on SRC page
Adjustable slice mode
Layer machine
Stereo machine
Polyphony machine

6 Likes

ZOOM on src page

STEREO LOOP player with stream from disk option

5 Likes

Probability as source for modulation. Or is a cc midi number allready available for prop?

almost 5K messages, wow!

Idea: Elektron Space Replacement Program

Like the Synthstrom Deluge does it with their screen-replacement. So users can send in their DT to get an upgraded and usable RAM/SSD on it. I don’t need more features (tho the new machines are nice) but the abysmal space limit sucks the fun out of it tbh.

Ram is dirt cheap, it was back when the DT was made. So pls find a way to make the machine workable in 2023 again. Because the DT has evolved into much more than having 8x 42kb drum-oneshots in a project!

Cheers! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Larger Pitch Range Now! (L.P.R.N.)

So I was just lazing about and thinking about the Digitakt and I think they should open up 2 more octaves of pitch. So what if it has artifacts, just note it in the manual and let the user decide if they want to go that high. They can high-pass or EQ it out or drown it in the mix. I mostly would use it for adding clicks or glitchy stuff anyway.

8 Likes

I 'd love compound time (12/8. 9/8 6/8 3/8 time signatures) to be much easier to program.

In the slice mode also where triplets are completely unavailable (on 1.50)

3 Likes

I would like to not have to use a computer, but to be able perform all functions that currently require one, on my iPhone or iPad since I don’t use a computer for music.

Current Roland gear creates a folder in the Files app on my iPad when connected via USB making it simple to transfer files and do backups.

1 Like

One thing that should be easy to add and it would solve a lot of rage.
When pressing FUNC+Play (clear) please add a confirmation screen.

It happens too often that I delete a full sequence :man_facepalming:

14 Likes

Is manual slicing really too much to ask for or are Elektron really expecting people to pay 1500 EUR for this feature on the Octatrack?

11 Likes

how about a fm machine with audiorate lfos or a wavetable machine? keytrackable lfo and filtercut would be nice, too. Midi Machine for internal modulation of samplechannels and fx. also an ext input machine would be :hammer:

2 Likes