The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Feature request for OS 1.41: Please allow the Digitakt to push my buttons in return, so our relationship can be more equal.

3 Likes

MIDI is definitely a bit secondary (somewhat understandable in a device designed primarily as a sampler). My main gripe is that modwheel and pitch bends (and other CCs) aren’t recorded when recording from an external keyboard. That would be very nice to have. Makes DT combined with a small desktop polyphonic synth a real killer combo.

4 Likes

Prolly been requested on here but all I wish for is…

1. Option for Audio mutes instead of just midi mute, this would benefit live performers so much, especially for the instances when long samples are involved and instant track mutes is needed.

2. Swing per track!

3. Option to set Record length in steps or bars with a trigger for quantised recording at the beginning of a pattern. This would speed up the workflow by eliminating the need to trim the sample end points. Great for capturing quantised loops

4 Likes

For 1, you could parameter-lock the length of the long sample triggers, then change the length parameter for the track to minimum.
Now when you press the track button (not in mute mode) it should mute that track until next time a trigger is hit I believe?

That’s a decent work around to stop a sample but sometimes I want the trig to continue playing but without the audio. mutes is what’s needed. so I can quickly mute and un-mute just like how the Octatrack deals with mutes. (Or the mc707)

1 Like

After the last update, I’m almost all out of requests!

They implemented:

• Trig + YES (a while ago)
  • Stereo monitoring (and even pushed a bit further than just “monitoring”)

Which were my two main issues. Many thanks!

My last issue
I encountered it while playing and it is well known: the pitch bend and modwheel are not going through the MIDI THRU port. So in my small setup doing : Keystep > Digitakt > Some synths (that are now monitored in stereo back into the Digitakt EXT IN inputs!) is still suboptimal.

My workaround is to go (MIDI path):
midi
And cut the MIDI Loop to prevent notes from playing twice.

Come on Elektron! Last update made me put my mixer away. Now please make me ditch the Merger!

P.S.: I’m not even talking about recording pitchbend/modwheel. Just let them go through! So we can at least have them when we play in a “Keystep > Digitakt > Some synths” configuration!

7 Likes

Yes that would be great pitch bend and mod pass through.
Also more flexible program change settings to be able to send to the thru not just the out!
Having these 2 things would make chaining machines and routing easier

2 Likes

PLEASE fix this little issue. Having the pitch / mod wheel pass through would be huge in making the digitakt a perfect hub for a multi synth setup

Obviously the other 1.30 updates are great though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

NRPN output messages for Filter Trig and LFO Trig.
They’re still the only parameters missing in the implementation.

A MIDI message for setting record arm and record in the sampler.

This.

Could be easily implemented by putting an extra setting in the threshold for recording, named “pattern start” or something like that.

1 Like

Nope, doesn’t help. The issue is that I almost always have chord progressions which are 8 or 10 or 12 or 16 or 20 measures long… which doesn’t fit into a single pattern, even with tempo scaling tricks. It’s only really able to handle 4 measures per pattern, and has some tricks which can sometimes extend that a bit via repetition.

Since posting the initial comment ages ago, I’ve pretty much stopped trying to use the Digitakt as the center of my setup, and now use it as just another instrument to record into a DAW. This way, I don’t bump into its limitations as often. I use it as a performance instrument, basically, which seems to be what it was designed for, instead of trying to use it for things it was never meant to do.

1 Like

A request: stop loosing the 1 when changing pattern lengths or division. In simple terms the current step should be count since start mod pattern length. See Westlicht Performer’s aligned mode

Edit: lots more greatness in the Performer I’d love to see Elektron copy. It’s only right since Performer copied you.

1 Like

Digitakt / OB

• The new updates are great, but…I’d love to be able to send the external inputs to the delay and reverb without the dry signal coming through the main. I use the main as my fx bus, everything else is otherwise sent to it’s own track and recorded dry, all removed from the main in the Routing page. The Route To Main should now have /12 options as sending the externals is new to this update and was previously /10

• and again, panning. If your DAW can record stereo tracks (REAPER, all/most of them?), DT and OB seem to communicate well, Overbridge has to somehow tell the DAW to pan the track, the tracks have to be set up to record their own output. I’ve been able to do this with the midi channels and midi loop back, but it’s a pain and a “waste” of the midi tracks for one basic function. We have two LFOs now, I want to pan!

• There’s no song mode, big projects and pattern chaining over and over is tiresome,
    BANK CHAIN

1 Like

More or less the only thing left i want it to do

A way to play a track sequence in reverse would be nice and should be technically pretty easy. I know you can play a sample in reverse but why not the sequence.

4 Likes

As of 1.30 there’s no way to tell which LFO page you’re on without toggling the LFO button.

Holding the SRC button reveals the sample’s name on a yellow banner that rolls down from the top of the screen, so it would be handy if the LFO button could show this banner when held too, telling you which LFO page it’s on (1/2 or 2/2) without having to toggle.

10 Likes

My top 6 feature cravings in ascending order of unlikeliness:

• quick assign from sample buffer without going to the sample page

• Save and recall midi track settings like sounds on audio tracks

• Save Chains

• PERFORMANCE MODE: Toggle between Control All and Performance mode in the pattern menu. Hold Track and move an encoder to set a value offset for that parameter. Use Track + Level to move all of those parameters from their current state to the offset depth. It could work like the Qper on the Rytm, but maybe also with midi tracks?

• Edit internal CC Assignments

• Track/External Audio send levels for mains/Headphones

1 Like

A feature for either digi box:
A global ‘performance’ page where you can assign macros to each encoder to behave similar to OT’s crossfader. Multiple parameters across different tracks could be assigned to a single encoder. That page should be copy/paste-able.
(Posted on digitone feature request too)

1 Like

One knob function in the lfo page to set all lfo settings for the timestretch workaround someone else posted here on elektronauts.
A little help page with the midi CC map chart.
Master delay and reverb settings as destination for p-lock and/or LFO.
Master drive as digitone

1 Like
  • func + ptn + 1-16 could be used to immediately switch to another pattern without restarting the pattern, which would enable scene-like performances without the need for midi hacks.

• has anyone mentioned sample slicing yet? :wink:

• maybe hold PTN & BANK, then pressing and holding 1-16 could be used for saving pattern chains, similar to how the OP-Z handles it.

4 Likes

Song mode lite.

A simple yes/no parameter in the steps per track page, configurable per pattern. When set to yes, the next pattern (from A2 to A3, for example) is automatically started when ch.len steps are reached in the current pattern.

It’s not as versatile as a song mode, but it’s trivial to use and to implement, and I think this can be useful in a lot of common situations, without complicating the UI or the workflow.

6 Likes