The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

I wonder if this is being held back because it will cause problems with other gear, the Digitakt already spits out a monster amount of data over MIDI so maybe retrigs would just be too much and overwhelm buffers on other gear? Could be.

2 Likes

Could be, but I do send some stupidly fast notes and mod/pb/pressure/at info to a few very old synths without issue (via ableton). Of course those synths dont take cc, so maybe sending cc changes in addition to 128th notes would be too much.

Would love to have a roundup of ALL the requested features so we can tick off all the ones theyā€™ve got to! Iā€™d say the remainder is a very small list of possibly niche additions with some bigger things that may never be possible or they just havenā€™t got round to yet :smiley: :smiley:

I DESPERATELY need a clock somewhere in the GUI, because time has already been mismanaged after upgrading to 1.3

6 Likes

Second MIDI lfo please

4 Likes

Midi tracks need as much respect and care as the audio ones. Elektron treats their own midi tracks like secondary citizens. Def feels like they dont relate to those of us who use external gear. Personally, if such a thing existed, I would change firmware on it to save resources for midi over audio, but Iā€™m a minority I guess. They could make a digitakt that was only a midi sequencer and I would be happy.

5 Likes

Yeah I have a few projects with DT only using MIDI out with no audio tracks in use =p

Sometimes itā€™s a shame knowing thereā€™s unused modulation sources sitting on the other side

Cā€™mon you guys, you know this is all a bit overreacted right. The last update was focussed on the sampler side which does not automatically mean they donā€™t ā€œrelate to people with external gearā€. The MIDI functionalities of the Digitakt are pretty awesome and well thought out for such a small sampler like this. If you need more functionality there are other MIDI only sequencers like the Pyramid which would suit you more.

3 Likes

A pre / post fader option on the audio inputs would be great to allow use as an fx send from a mixer. Even better would be a separate pre / post option (with attenuation on the pre option) for each input.
Apart from that, I think we could probably cut this thread down to about 5 posts after OS 1.30 !

This thread should essentially be restarted at this point after the 1.3 update. Still waiting on song mode, but at this point watching so much be added in a single update (some of which I never knew I needed) I think this device is essentially complete.

1 Like

I did say please

1 Like

iā€™d really love the FILTā€™s Env Delay param to be added to the AMP too (FUNC+ATK)
so that it could be modulated by an LFO to create a live-morphing shuffle/swing effect.

[edit] thinking about it more, a modulatable note delay param per track would be better for this

4 Likes

This update has been awesome, for me it would be great to be able to sample and assign to a fresh track (to avoid clearing page by page).

1 Like

ā€œit FEELS like they dont relate to people with external gearā€ I think the only overreaction is yours. No one is upset. A critizism isnt negative, its all in the way you take it. This isnt the first time they have ignored the midi side while they added (non sample) features to the audio tracks where the midi tracks would benefit from the same feature (retrigs, second lfo, etc). My statement of them treating their midi tracks as secondary isnt false or overstated, they have literally updated it more than 2 to 1 vs the sample side. And no, pyramid wouldnt suit me more, they are not even the same concept imo. I am glad you find their midi functionalities to be pretty awesome, to me they are lacking some important features.

a dream come true!!! :sparkling_heart:

Guysā€¦I hear that the OS 1.41 will equip the DT with more Feature Requests.

"With this new update weā€™re pleased to announce that it opens up the opportunity for more requests for what the machine should do. Including requests that are unreasonable to expect it to do.

"The new OS will now have requests such as ā€˜I want the machine to love me as much as I love itā€™, or ā€˜I want the machine to complement me when Iā€™m having a bad dayā€™, and my personal favorite ā€˜I would like it if the digitakt could return my deceased family member- at least long enough for me to tell him/her that I love him/herā€™

ā€œWith Digitakt 1.41, weā€™re greatly looking forward to seeing what requests YOU come up withā€

ā€“Elektron CEO

8 Likes

ZOOM on SRC page please

2 Likes

You can change the tempo scaling per track - just set your arp to 2x. That means you only get 2 bars, but thatā€™s probably enough for an arp, right? Especially now that you can have two free-running LFOs modulating sample, filter or FX

My DT will never love me as much as I love it. I push its buttons too much.

6 Likes

Once OS 1.41 you will finally be able to hope that it can someday maybe!

2 Likes