The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Fill in tips option, with scale measure.
Like possibility to throw or keep measure with this extra feature
It will be nice

yeahā€¦ more ā€œmodularā€ approach to sequencer would be nice - play modes like forward / backward / pendulum / random / play once / trig sequence by a trigger on other track / restart by a trig on other track

• aslo setting the seq start point same way as the end point.

I think this could take Elektron sequencer to the next level and make it even better for performance.

2 Likes

Yeah a little bit of ā€œcharacterā€ on the master would be coolā€¦ like something in between Analog Heat and Elysia Characterā€¦

2 Likes

It would be nice to easily clear all P-locks of a single parameter (on each step) like reset to value (press and hold encoder + press no) but for all recorded steps.

3 Likes

I wish Elektron would chime in every 1000th post and calculate for us how much those feature requests would cost in man hour prices. I bet we are way over $1.000.000 :grinning:

ā€œbut those are such easy small fixes/featuresā€ x 10.000

1 Like

Often times I am recording a batch of samples samples and accidentally erase my pattern. Pressing FUNC + NO clears the recording buffer, but it will also reload the pattern. When Iā€™m working quickly and hit FUNC + NO before the sample has completely saved, it simply reloads the pattern instead even if youā€™re still in the sample view.

I would really like to see reload pattern disabled when youā€™re in the sample view

3 Likes

Not trying to derail the thread here, but I want to get something off my chestā€¦

Iā€™m always surprised how short lived the ā€œparadeā€ is for any new feature in software.
1.3 is a monster update for the DT. Canā€™t we be content, if even for a few weeks?

What used to be the ā€œ#1 reason Iā€™m selling my Digitakt!ā€ becomes ā€œThanks! Now I want thisā€ in hours.

Please note Iā€™m not calling out anyone individually, and I include myself in this.

I saw first hand how professional, open minded, and effective the Elektron dev team was, and I think they DO read these threads.

And speaking of that if their management reads this, please give the team that worked on 1.3 a bonus, or time off, or something. If we could, I think many of us would carry that team around on our shoulders yelling, and cheering. They deserve more of a parade.

19 Likes

Lots of satisfied and appreciative users out there, I have been appreciating OS 1.3 most of the afternoon, less likely to find them here though.

Kind of inspired by a previous comment - but what about a ā€˜jump toā€™ trig condition. Ideally in addition to the existing ones.

Jump to trig 4
59% chance to jump to trig 1
Jump to pattern 3 on 8th cycle

Etc

You get:

• Loads of extra probability options
  • To write songs in 3/4 with the downbeat at the start of the grid as per @Eaves request
  • Basically a song mode
1 Like

great as it is, the new global fx/mix feature doesnā€™t work with the temp-save/reload controls (func+yes/no). iā€™m sure thereā€™s a good reason for this but i canā€™t think of one right now. what am i missing? seems it would be a great addition if possibleā€¦

Probably not in the cards but I wish the way going into mute mode vs bank mode was reversed. Muting is more important than changing banks, yet bank mode is a dedicated button while mute mode is a shift operation. Advanced option to make the bank button be mute mode and shift + bank be bank mode.

8 Likes

Thank you for this.

2 Likes

The reload feature reloads a pattern. When you choose to have your effects global they arenā€™t associated with a pattern but with your project.

1 Like

What we want is: proper UNDO

2 Likes

Ok cheers. Would be nice if it worked nonetheless.

VERY Low mode for brightness, to use in in total darkness, close to my highly light sensitive wife.

4 Likes

There, fixed it for you.

3 Likes

Nice one, but this picture is a fake. No one writes this on their whiteboard:

8 Likes

Aggh! Still not fixed the ā€œstart in the same mute mode as last sessionā€ issueā€¦and breatheā€¦presses two buttonsā€¦all is well.

2 Likes

headroom control!

resonance (and drive!) on base width filter!

for digitakt. on OT and monomachine the filter distortion (or headroom) is always the first thing to dial in, then get the resonant peaks humming