The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Just watching : https://youtu.be/MKRieztmULE?t=1630

I know Cenk isn’t THE spokesman for Elektron but when asked about Zoom on the SRC page “We talked about this, probably won’t happen”.

Other things such as other types of filter “we have LP and HP, but likely will see more”.

I guess there’s some other limitations preventing zoom on the src page.

1 Like

I think Cenk (although officially ‘only’ a product demonstrator) has a lot of say when it comes to new features and whenever I see him or Ess talking casually in product demos with a YouTuber, they give the impression that they’re always looking to improve the boxes and work on things. So I guess there’s definitely the will to do more for each of them, but it has to be balanced out with costs, development time, CPU resources, product differentiation, marketing and so on and so forth.

2 Likes

maybe mentioned here already but:

• lfo sample start without requiring a retrigger. big oof when i found out wavetable synthesis isn’t really possible without sounding choppy / filling the grid with trigs. it isn’t very ‘smooth’. but, probably a huge CPU hit i’d imagine to let sample slot change freely with the LFO and not be locked to some kind of trig:)
  • PB/AT/MW passthrough. minor gripe, can get around this with a midi merge box / hub

Any advice on what midi merger to use? I was never able to find any that fits my needs

I know it’s been mentioned many times, but stereo pannable inputs with routing to FX (or even without) would complete the unit for me. So it can be used as a through for live similar to the Digitone.

Alternatively, an answer on whether this is actually possible/likely to be done so I can stop dreaming. :wink:

1 Like

explanation a little about the audio input routing

1 Like

this is a request that I post here, but would LOVE for all the boxes…

• replacement squishy trig buttons for all boxes. [same as the M:S and M:C]

love them buttons.

2 Likes

First I want to say thanks for listening to complaints last time, you fixed a few things I had a problem with, including midi tracks not triggering the chord programmed for the track (not a specific trig). This helps me play my digitakt in a chord per pad (track) mode, which really helps me compose faster.

One thing that would be nice is to be able to program a midi tracks chord by holding down the track you want and playing a chord on an external keyboard, much like you can program an individual trig in a sequence. As of right now I have to program the chord by using encoders, which is painfully slow when you are trying to get an idea out. Maybe to solve the potential problem of deciding which note would be the root of the chord, it could be just the first note played?

A way to link sample tracks together to make a polyphonic synth that auto divides the notes over available voices. You could make it 2 thru 8 voices. Maybe even link the settings for all tracks assigned to the synth so all voices have the same settings? Not linking settings could be cool too, maybe just an option per voice?

1 Like

The ability to transpose a tracks pattern without pitch bend. Example; make pattern A, copy pattern to B, transpose. Maybe you can have a “control all” for controlling all the trigs on a track, similar to how you can “control all” of multiple tracks parameters at the same time.

2 Likes

Of course it’s been mentioned before, but a musical scale filter for the chromatic keyboard would be really useful.

3 Likes

Phase distortion synth with the uploaded waveform

2 Likes

TRIG + YES is great, we should also be able to use YES + TRIG to preview a trig.

This opens the doors to being able to do something like:

1. Setup 16 trigs on a track with p-locks.
  2. MUTE the track.
  3. While playing live, go into GRID mode on the muted track.
  4. Hold YES and then “play” the trigs.

You can currently kind of do this with current TRIG+YES, but it’s very easy to accidentally remove a trig when you’re rapidly changing which TRIG you’re previewing.

Potential additional feature, let a trig be triggered by midi (multi map-ish).

This would turn DT into an even more awesome performance tool.

5 Likes

Great one!

Makes me think that NO + TRIG would be a good way to mute single trigs, provided that there is a possibility to color code that clearly on the trigs…

4 Likes

green or purple is still unused in GRID Mode

1 Like

Blue, blue/white and blue/green aren’t used anywhere.
Also not orange, but I don’t know if that’s possible.

edit: Now I think about it, combinations with white aren’t used at all.

1 Like

still pulling for the ability to assign sample chops within a single sample across the keyboard.

4 Likes

Trig preview via midi would solve this and would be awesome!

Song mode :blush:

4 Likes

This is a small request to enhance workflow… after loading a new project, why press No button twice to get to the tracks? Can we have the screen go straight to a track rather than stay on the menu page?

5 Likes