The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Saving chain pattern on all devices should be a big improvement ! Or even better 8 bars per pattern (the possibilities are limited with 4bars even with multiplier/divider tempo per pattern)
Or build a powerfull midi sequencer to rule them all !
band pass filter for the digitakt !

3 Likes

Parametric EQ
or
Band pass filter for sound design.
Even something like what the DT has for reverb and delay.

5 Likes

This is my number one feature Iā€™d like on the DT.
Would be really awesome to have like a sound setting kit or two per bank like how the OT has parts.
Please Elektron this would really make Digitakt the best sample based Drum Computer out there.
Copy and paste and the sound pool are available but having to do that process every time you want to change something on one of your tracks is almost a workflow killer for me.

I need a middle/side balance per trackā€¦
Band pass filter for mix my songs

1 Like

Wouldnā€˜t a mid/side balance for mono tracks be the same as a left/right pan?

No, the side balance the sound in the left and right without centerā€¦

What exactly is the side in a mono channel tho :thinking:

3 Likes

You mean you want something to put your sound to L + R in the same time (side) ? Kind of duplicate sound.

yes, something to put your sound to L + R in the same time.
Currently i do that with a fast sqare lfo in pan.

1 Like

Why not, this would be a new FX like chorus.

1 Like

and a second lfo

Mod Wheel and pitch bend pass thru from the midi in.

6 Likes

I speaking of which I would love a mod matrix like the digitone has.

Copy/Paste Multiple Track Sounds:
Currently you can press TRK + COPY to copy the current track sound.
It would be great if you could select multiple (or just all) tracks to copy the sound from.

Quite often when Iā€™m working Iā€™ll create a pattern, then a second pattern, but tweak the sounds and then I go back to pattern 1 and realise I prefer the sounds in pattern 2. Itā€™s laborious to copy each track sound to PAT1, imagine having to do this for more than 1 pattern!

Being able to copy multiple tracks/all track sounds from pattern to pattern would help with this massively and almost act like a ā€œkitā€.
You could turbo charge it by then for example using BANK H as a staging ground for 16 ā€œkitsā€ which you could then copy to patterns.

Iā€™m thinking it could work similar to how when you want to use PTN + PATNUM + COPY to copy a pattern to another pattern while itā€™s playing.
IE:
TRK + COPY/PASTE = current behaviour
TRK + COPY/PASTE + hold = copy all track sounds
Would be even more awesome if you could select which tracks specifically you want to copy but maybe this is too much to ask!

on behalf of Jeremy Williams

You know that feature where you randomize the settings for a particular sound. Per page? (I think by holding the page button and pressing yes). Is there a method to do this just for a particular step, like how parameter locks work? If not, that would be a pretty cool update

2 Likes

Love all the new updates but one area that needs improvement is the ā€œpianoā€ style note IDs on the midi track trig pages. I understand currently main or primary note is note 1 and that could remain, but maybe it could also be in note order (lowest to highest) and the primary could be color reversed. Even something like the DN would be better. Just not understanding who benefits from the piano graphic???

Something simpler like this seems much cleaner.

2 Likes

and a mode song ! :wink:

2 Likes

Please fix the issue on program changeā€¦ There is still an extra loop before changing pattern with the elektron stuffā€¦
This is very very frustrating and a little ashamed that this is still not fixed for the price of the machinesā€¦

• High and low filter per track (or some sort of EQ)
  • Distortion effect
  • Drum kits
5 Likes

The usuals -

Song mode.
Sample slices.

After all this time is it really treading on the OT toes?

The DT is pretty amazing, but the cheeky hobbling of functions on Elektron devices is annoying.

3 Likes