The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Yes, look at @Eaves video to see what it is if it was implemented.

1 Like

Yes, I had see that I believe. It’s too well done though, it looks like it already works :wink:

3 Likes

Fun news :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha! That was fast!! :smiley:

1 Like

top-3 features in this thread agains not realised?

Mission successful! Thanks for your advocacy Ivar! Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

1 Like

Haha, thanks @naught101! I’ve been playing around with it for a while, and they implemented it perfectly :slight_smile:. I like holding 4 trigs at a time and p-locking stuff, then releasing 1 trig and p-locking further, repeat until all 4 trigs have a smoothly ascending or descending p-lock. When holding all 4 trigs and pressing YES, it will preview the left-most trig, which is exactly what I hoped for :smiley:.

4 Likes

I played with Trig preview yesterday. It’s so nice to make a drum loop from a drum break. I love it. It’s fast and sometime, when you srambled so much the break, you don’t remember which is wich. Now, it’s easy to remember.
This update really add character to the DT. It’s now a solid alternative to MPC. It have his own way of putting thing together, and that’s why I love the DT and I will always prefer work with it than the DAW or MPC.
The new step record mode also help a lot to make good bassline :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is exactly how I feel about the update too, @blaize! I’m looking forward to incorporating the step record mode into my workflow. It seems very nice for basslines, but also arps!

1 Like

There really needs to be random pattern generation for each trig, I am new to the Digitakt and Digitone but know you can randomise parameters in say the Digitone to come up with random sounds, well you need to add randomness to rhythm and melody generation.

Example, Digitakt, 16 step pattern, set number of trigs to populate the pattern with an encoder, so set 1 to 16 kick drum hits in a 16 step pattern, then randomise the placement of the hits in the pattern until you get something you like, rinse and repeat for other sounds and you come up with rhythms you would never hear dialing in trigs manually, I can do this in Ableton and it’s fantastic for blocks in creativity.

This would open up the digitakt to limitless groove creation, I’m very surprised it’s not already a feature, and it could work just as well in the Digitone.

Just have to throw this one out there yet one more time. If there’s any dsp left to squeeze in that second filter, the DT would be beyond perfection.

18 Likes

Or a couple of additional filter types…

2 Likes

or both: more filter types and a second filter.

I love to be able to filter out low end or high end frequencies while using another filter more as an effect…

1 Like

I’d prefer a second filter over additional filter types personally.

I think @ess mentioned some time ago that the dsp is almost maxed out on the DT so squeezing both in might be a bit too much to ask :wink:

1 Like

Same here, I’d prefer a second filter than more types.

Not to be a smartass :blush: but actually an additional filter might not be possible if the cpu is already running at full capacity, while other type might fit as it would still us only one filter at a time.

1 Like

Sounds logical to me :slight_smile: my knowledge on cpu / dsp usage etc. Is very limited haha.

1 Like

Hi guys,
So I see now that the values when you press and turn the sample start knob are changing in 4.00’s while this is not the best way in my opinion, because it will never snap to a good section of a drum loop for instance.

With 3.75 the whole 120 length is divided into 32 segments wich is much more musical, not 30 with the 4.00 jump in values, please consider this in the future.

Also just a thought, it would be awesome if TRIG+YES could work like YES+TRIG.
You could essentially create slices and play them, or any other weird funky sounds, just a thought.

Re filters @DaveMech and @amaury, I’d prefer additional filter types more than a 2nd filter. The Digitone had two filter pages, and this has tripped me up plenty of times during a performance. When I’m in the middle of a sick transition, I press the filter page and turn the filter cuto-- oh crap, that was the base! Quick, switch back to filter page 1!-- and turn the filter cutoff, but oh no it was too late. Transition over, it came out limp. While a 2nd filter would be fantastic for shaping sounds, I think adding yet another page to the Digitakt would take away some of its immediacy. And it’s not like it’s a case of “don’t like it, don’t use it”, because pressing the filter button twice would toggle between the two pages. Unless they include an option to disable the 2nd page.

An additional filter type that combines both hp and lp filter should be pretty awesome, kinda like what they have on the Octatrack. There may not be enough knobs to put all the controls, though… :thinking:

4 Likes

Problems arising from more complexity (2 pages) crossed my mind indeed. Maybe a way would be to make the second filter more of set and let be one, accessed by double tapping the filter button, so that we retain immediacy of the one filter for performing.

May not work at all. For the record, I wouldn’t trade immediacy and predictability for a second filter, I’d rather stay with one :blush:

1 Like

Maybe a bass kill (non sweepable) would use less cpu than a proper second filter.

2 Likes