The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

There is a good way to do it where you use the resolution of the hold-turn and divide your samples up according to that, and you can spin through your slices precisely by holding down and turning the knob. I forget the numbers though, but someone can probably point you to that thread.

Yeah I’ve been using that for a long time, it is the multiples of 3.75 or 7.5 depending on the resolution of the slices you want.

What I would love though is to have kind of like a slice mode where I could chop up a drum break and then using the chromatic mode or something similar I could trigger different times of the break, playing it like an instrument not programing it in and then listening back for the results over an over you know.

Problem with that is the press-turn resolution is 4, but as figitty said, 3.75 or 7.5 etc is needed to chop 120 (sample length) into 16, 32 etc.

1 Like

this applies to DT and DN…

could the LENgth on the TRIG page be added to the LFO as a modulation destination?

4 Likes

EQ
Please

4 Likes

It would be cool if the press-turn ratio for start, loop and end could be lowered slightly to 3,75
Or even better; make press-turn ratio for start, loop and end a configurable number/option. (1; 3,75; 7,5; 15 or 30)

Additional feature request: “Fixed length loop sampling” .

• Before sampling starts it allows you to specify a number of beats in the current tempo. Sampling should end automatically after the specified length, so you end up with a perfect loop
  • Then three options to start sampling:
  1. Direct, by pressing yes (as current)
  2. Threshold (as current)
  3. “wait for pattern restart” which starts sampling exactly on beat 1 of the pattern. (new) This option could be implemented at the end of the threshold range
5 Likes

TRIG + Yes to preview trig, as said many time. It should be the very next feature to implement.
And the killer feature for me would be if we can P-Lock things on the chromatic keyboard. Instead of using the keyboard to play the pitch, have a mode to play whatever on each pad and then this will record with the plock on the live record. This will add a lot of expression and for the hip hop chopping, setting a start pos on each pad will be the killer feature.

6 Likes

Multiple simultaneous trig conditions (there are even two unused boxes in the trig menu)

3 Likes

Genius

i just got my digitakt and am loving it.

but i would love it even more if it had:

1. slicing. this makes so much sense given that most users are doing this manually per trigger. maybe holding down the buttons that get you into chromatic mode can be used to put you into a separate slice page.

2. Loop page. Given the fact that i end up making sample start time changes per trigger, i would love to be able to loop a page (1-4) instead of listening the the whole 4 bar loop from start every time to just hear a specific trigger im editing.

3. Time stretch. allow the ability to stretch samples. This also makes a lot of sense to me given that the digitakt is a very deep sampler. I see a lot of users using the digitakt for deep sonic exploration as so time stretching fits perfectly in that tool set.

6 Likes

Being able to choose which Page loops (per track) instead of either the first, or first and second etc… would grand!

This way, I could have 4 different 16 steps sequence for one track, and choose which one is looping, or let the whole thing loop. That would open a lot of ways to improvise structure. Right now, we need to create a new Pattern for that.

I could imagine (just for inspiration) that pressing and holding the Track button, then a short press on the Page button cycles through pages to choose which one loops. A long press would go back to looping the whole pattern. Or something of the kind :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I like the idea of using the chromatic keyboard creatively with plocks!

Trig preview with TRIG + Yes would also be great indeed, to hear what’s on that step (took me a while to understand what you meant, this would work in step record mode only right?)

1 Like

Absolutely! I’d love to have a trig say, play once every two bar AND not when FILL is engaged, for example. Right now it’s either/or.

1 Like

Sorry for the spam, but I made a little video demonstration of what TRIG+YES would look like if it was implemented:

2 Likes

Yes, look at @Eaves video to see what it is if it was implemented.

1 Like

Yes, I had see that I believe. It’s too well done though, it looks like it already works :wink:

3 Likes

Fun news :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha! That was fast!! :smiley:

1 Like

top-3 features in this thread agains not realised?

Mission successful! Thanks for your advocacy Ivar! Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

1 Like