Digitakt OS 1.50

Why every sampler, groove box, looper, or DAW doesn’t have this will always confound me. Ableton Live should have this but they don’t. It’s ridiculous. MPC’s have had this feature since the beginning. So irritating. I might be looking at getting another Digitakt at this point.

2 Likes

it automatically sets it for the current BPM, and tracks it as you change bpm.

2 Likes

For every person that says they want kits on the square boxes there’s someone saying they hate it on the larger boxes.

10 Likes

One of the sacrifices to the machine gods unfortunately. As with the pattern menu with the song mode update. It’s not the end of the world but it is a bit of new muscle memory ti develop.

1 Like

over bridge working with the update?

I’m very glad that my feature-request from so long ago is realised now too!!!

3 Likes

I’m an OT user and I’m pretty happy about this!

There are still many things the OT does that I can’t do on the DT. Like for example, I heavily use recording trigs and rely on the openness/modularity of the recording buffers. I’m happy the DT can now sample perfect loops (which I could only do on the OT before), but there are still many unique tricks the OT has up its sleeve :wink:

2 Likes

feel like bc they’ve still not brought the second lfo or raw machine to AR before bringing yet another nutso DT update is likely a sign that they’ve moved off the analogs + there’ll not be more going forward. just my feelings tho.

3 Likes

It has one plus. I kept forgetting Knob D is for selecting samples even if you got to the menu with the shortcut, and mistakenly used the data knob 50% of the time. This way there’s no more ambiguity.

Thanks for confirming! It was probably a silly question; of course this would have been tested

I just realized one of the machines is the original Digitakt functionality. Sounds like old projects would simply get that machine assignment.

WTF?! This update is freakin dope! I love my Digitakt and never thought they would make it even better. I just love Elektron.

1 Like

I understood it as “whatever the length of the sample, make it fit to 1 to 8 bars” via repitching.

1 Like

Yeah, the whole way the Octatrack works as a live performance sampler is just unmatched by any sampler. Only way I could see being disappointed by this would be if you were using the Octatrack in its most basic form.

But you’ve still got things like: slide trigs, scenes, 3 LFOs, LFO designer, stereo sampling, more effects, ability to select slice points, streaming from memory card, expandable storage….

These are still two very different and very cool machines. If anything they have made the Digitakt more competitive against its peers than anything else.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the OT can do most of these things on just a flex machine!

1 Like

Huge props to Elektron, what a great update, I no longer have a DT but stoked for those that do :partying_face:

10 Likes

Trying this out, and am really, really impressed. There’s a lot to explore, and I’m looking forward figuring out what kinds of cool things can be done with this for fills and effects of various kinds, in addition to working on my sample chopping game…

Question, is grid slicing relative to the project tempo only?

If so it’s basically only useful for loop slicing and not for drum sample chains?

In OT I can set the tempo of the sample different from the project which is necessary to use slices for single drum sounds sample chains. So slices align correctly no matter what the project tempo is set to.

I hope I have been able to explain my question and somebody can answer. I also hope the slice machine can be used for sample chains.

I just tested it on sample chains and it works fine regardless of tempo.

The WERP mode takes a loop of 1, 2, or 4 bars and adapt it to the tempo.

2 Likes

I can’t say for sure, but I believe that it just creates equally spaced slices through the audio track. So if it is a perfect loop all the slices will be on the beats.

1 Like

Yeah seems like it’s not a free slice mode like on the OT, but rather it just cuts up your sample in equal parts: Digitakt 4 Machines Tutorial - YouTube

1 Like