The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Can you not plock the loop mode, maybe with a trig condition or two to say when to switch back and forth? Dunno if itā€™ll work, just thinking out loud :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wonā€™t apply for very short sample

Building off of this why not exponential or linear (or even log?) on attack, decay and release?

Bandpass (and Notch) filter would be nice, does seem odd they couldnā€™t do this with current CPU.

The retrig is kind of buried but what button to use for it (AR for example has a dedicated button)?

My biggest wish is still better sample managementā€¦ delete all unused, at least!

3 Likes

Ah yes, good point

I think the biggest oversight for both DT and DN is not being able to save pattern chains within a project. Whatā€™s the point of having them if they are lost the moment you power down?

Every live performance needs a kind of cheat sheet in order to remember chained patterns before starting it off. So frustrating. Iā€™d go so far as to say itā€™s a bug not a feature request. Grr

3 Likes

Check out this, which is being put together by a fellow forum member:

Should satisfy any sample / project management gripes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to be able to zoom in on any sample at anytime after the recording phase. i know, resample is the answer, which is great once you are sure you love your result. but along the way it would be a nice feature. what is funny is how the machine has things it clearly can do, but are not available in all modes, or during certain situations. i.e., the editing, zoom, access to both a HPF and LPF at same time on reverb, etc. Once again, not complaints as I canā€™t build this machine, and I have no idea if the limitations are intentional, or a result of the device being at it max brainpowerā€¦ no matter what i love this machine!

7 Likes

Not sure if this request has been made but Iā€™d love a MIDI CC learn mode for the ā€œAmpā€ page of MIDI tracks. It would be nice if I could plug in my Monologue, activate the learn mode and have the CCs mapped appropriately when I turn knobs on the synth. Also the ability to edit said labels.

I love my Digitakt as it is, but I would also love to continue seeing improvements in future firmware updates. Here are some features I would like to have in my Digitakt:

• In the SRC page, [FUNC] + E knob (START) should jump at intervals equivalent to the length of a trig as set in the TRIG page; for example if LEN in the TRIG page is 1/16 or 1.0, the total length of the sample in SRC can be divided in 16 slices, and you can jump between them with [FUNC] + START knob. This would be useful for quickly chopping breaks, and it is more general than a specialized UI for chopping;
  • A second LFO per track, that can modulate also the parameters of the first LFO. This could be implemented as a second LFO page when pressing [LFO] twice, just like the second SRC page that shows the waveform when pressing [SRC] twice;
  • Internal support for the MIDI loopback trick without the need of a MIDI cable. This could be an option in the MIDI config settings menu. It could even be better than the MIDI cable by for example filtering out CC 120 (that can make the Digitakt freeze sometimes with the loopback cable);
  • Possibility of using the sample buffer as sample in the SRC page, as a way of having some sort of live sampling. This could perhaps be implemented as a special sample in the sample pool, like sample 1 or sample 128 perhaps? Not sure, but would be nice to have the Digitakt record the inputs into a sample that is being played in some track. I know the Octatrack is ideal for this, but perhaps thereā€™s a way to have similar functionality in the Digitakt without implementing much additional UI.
6 Likes

Love the internal midi loopback idea. Each midi track could have a switch for choosing between INT and EXT. :ok_hand:

9 Likes

-Different color LED on P-Locked step so you know when a sound is different from the tack sound.
-More retrig parameters like incremental filter cutoff, decay, transpose etc (eg: filter would open a little bit with each retrig)

4 Likes

Yesterday evening I got tired of sequencing external synths and i started sampling them in my DT. Then I realized that it would be great if I could choose how the tracks 9-16 behave and to able to use them also for sampling instead of sequencing external gear via Midi. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure firing off midi information is way way way less taxing on the CPU than doing all the sampling duties that the DT can do. So sorry to spoil the party but weā€™ve been told the DT is pretty much maxed out CPU-wise

This also makes it so you can swap samples in the context of a playing pattern. Selecting the slot assigned to a track instead of an empty slot.

4 Likes

Thanks man lucky I read thisā€¦ these couple things have made it a ton easier to get the sample I want

1 Like

Do you mean changing a currently occupied sample slot with a new one from the +drive?, if so you would need to do it in a project set up for it or any pattern in the project using the same sample slot would be changed too, good if thats what you want but annoying when its not.

More for when youā€™re building a kit at the beginning. It helps with selecting a set of coherent sounds playing to a pattern which works better for me.

You could also temporarily assign an unused slot to load and browse samples in reference to the pattern youā€™re working on.

1 Like

if you have one of the latest version, you could see all the patterns names in the elk/herd alpha

1 Like

It would be nice to have a Perlin noise LFOā€¦ Something to make random yet continuous changes. There, I said it!

5 Likes

The possibility to link the FILL function between Elektron machines, so that you only have to launch it from your Master machine. This will open up much more complex transitions.

4 Likes