The different MachineDrums?

Locked to 32 its fine for some Techno! SilverBoxing

1 Like

@defenestrationā€™s vids show what you can do with 16 steps on an MD. :ok_hand:t4:

2 Likes

Just so Iā€™m clear, if it has 4x SCALE SETUP LEDs, and an all black central panel, that should mean itā€™s a Regular MK2 version, correct?

I found one listed on Facebook for a good price, but there arenā€™t many details and the image is pretty grainy. Iā€™m a little concerned itā€™s a scam since it uses a picture from an eBay listing that sayā€™s itā€™s in Japan, which is way far away from where Iā€™d be meeting them locally.

Anyway I think this is maybe getting way off topic nowā€¦

AFAIK yes.

1 Like

I may be able to acquire a Mk2 (non-UW) for a very reasonable price but Iā€™m curious, is there a way to tell if the +Drive was installed via the software/on the Machinedrum itself?

Also, does anyone know if the +Drive upgrade is still available for Mk2ā€™s and if so, how much (in the US)?

I very recently had my MKII MonoMachine upgraded with a +Drive, and I gather the +Drive is the same for both MD and MnM. It cost me around $300, shipping included. Iā€™m in Europe, though, and have no idea how much the shipping amounts to within this overall cost.

The best way to know is to create a ticket with Elektron support. When I did so they replied fairly quickly and clearly.

3 Likes

Open the GLOBAL > FILE menu. If the +Drive is installed, you should see the sub-menu entries for +DRIVE settings, SNAPSHOTS manager, and SMPLBANKS manager on the lower-right corner of the screen. See the screenshots on page 63 and later of the manual.

2 Likes

I imagine you can get the +drive installed in the US at one of Elektronā€™s repair facilities. There is one in Los Angeles area. Not 100% on this though.

Hello, sorry for responding to this thread years later, but that is also the point of my question:

Now, 2 years later, I am interested in getting a SPS-1 MKII UW+ but it is much more expensive as the MKI alternative.
While above it is suggested the price will be around $1000, I can only found them around $2000ā€¦ did they just double in price or am I looking at the wrong places?

Hopefully someone can answer this questions, thanks already, -Jip

yup and 2024 = $3000 most likely

Damn thats too badā€¦ is there a particular reason for this very steep price rise of this specific machineā€¦?

Ps. I did find a SPS-1 MKI UW+ for around 1000$ (so not the mk2) would you consider that a good deal? I am completely new to making music this way so its hard for me to say whether I would miss some of the mk2 featuresā€¦

like most classic synths and drum machines itā€™s of its time and built using components that arenā€™t readily available anymore. so has its own sound.

out of interest why do you want an MD so badly?

they stopped doing this many years ago.

I think thereā€™s not a Factory MKI MDUW+ version unless have a +drive installed by Elektron. Maybe Iā€™m wrong but you can verify this

Well, I really want a drumcomputer really badly. Right now the setup is 2 synths and a korg volca beats so on the drum side we are VERY limitedā€¦
After reading many forums and watching some videos, this one seemed like a good deal within my budget. But that was before the price increaseā€¦

Would you recommend something else for the 1000 price bracket? (maybe this is getting off-topic nowā€¦). Or again, would the SPS-1 MKI UW+ be worth it for this price?

Yes, in the description he specifically mentions that the previous owner had the +Drive installed.

Great so a custom unit MDUW+ this machine is soooo powerful!!! Silverbox

Without knowing what features or sound you are looking forā€¦ have you looked at Elektron Syntakt (if you donā€™t need samples) or Digitakt (if you want to work with samples, only). Or Roland TR8S.

1 Like