The day after Cenk goodbye

Yeah you fucked up. Now that Cenk is gone, every device he helped promote will be remotely disabled by Elektron.

25 Likes

Organizational cultures changeā€¦ sometimes for the goodā€¦ sometimes for the bad. Iā€™m relatively new here, but I was surprised the most when there was a discussion of Elektron quality control issues.

Someone posted the picture of an Elektron display screen with a huge oily looking finger print on the inside of his display and then others chimed in and gave their stories of shoddy products going out to consumers. I was shocked. That just shouldnā€™t happen.

If that is allowed to happen, what else is going on? Maybe there were systematic issues, or maybe just stagnant creative issues. Relationships change, people change, organizations change. Iā€™d love to see a Harvard Business Case Study on this.

3 Likes

You might have received a return issue. Not to negate your issue- but Elektron arenā€™t known for those type of QC issues(but others)

:joy:

New management with a different vision results in people with different vision leaving a company.

Elektron hired a new marketing director recently, maybe he has a different vision on how things need to be done.

Thank you Cenk, Hector and the original cast/team with Elektron.
Good memories. Now bring on the new machines!

As we all should have learned by nowā€¦at the end of any employees job cycle (even after a long run), you are just another employee for the company owner(s).

Cenk will do just fine.

Elektron, who knows? I care more about people than companies tbh!

7 Likes

Imagine the last 10 years without cenk at elektron, he IS Elektron, heā€™s made the company millions of pounds with his online demoā€™s and trade show appearances and to me is the face of the company so this is a pretty big deal

8 Likes

Exactly - we are all replaceable

1 Like

it is now I agree with you, but businesses changes, business model changes, maketing strategies change, there is nothing we can do about it

1 Like

Cenk can do his artistry for any company. Elektron can hire who they want.

Cenk is great at what he does and the early crew at Elektron were smart enough to hire him; Cenk is not Elektron Music Machines Mav AB.

I would prefer to be in Cenkā€™s shoes tbh :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I remember pre Elektron Cenk, it was still great, Cenk is great, and they will both continue on different paths, probably still continuing to be great.

But, one thing - Cenk as a demo guy of Elektron machines was a great fit, his skillset seems to be ideally suited to the Elektron interface, I have not seen any other equivalent, the closest probably being the Roland guy David Ahlund with the Aira stuff.

Iā€™ll be interested to see where Cenk goes next, I could imagine him at Novation, Korg, TE, Roland, Polyend, Erica, ASMā€¦

16 Likes

ā€¦itā€™s all pretty twistedā€¦at all ends of the storyā€¦

and the only thing we can take for granted hereā€¦ these times are toughā€¦
as for companies, as for employees as for any businessplansā€¦

and this sad divorcing from each other after a decade of successful sonic adventures and working together hand in hand, is based on sad decisions that had to be made on all sides involved in thisā€¦

I noted on his post he was proud to be involved with all of the machines released while he worked there, except he didnā€™t mention the model cycles and samples, maybe heā€™s not happy with the direction the company is going and he has been pretty much anonymous since he moved to Berlin

1 Like

hope he dont go to teenage enginering he deserve better

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got a feeling somethings brewing with the old Elektron team of Ess etc, maybe a new company
If you were starting something new, get a superstar gear demonstrator in and boom !!!

1 Like

Whose going to replace him? Give Cuckoo a chance.

1 Like

Why work for 1 brand when he can do his magic for more brands and be his own boss?

1 Like

Cuckoo is a sure fire way to turn at least half of your potential market away

10 Likes

Lol. Whats wrong with him?