The day after Cenk goodbye

Well, we will see how this all goes.

1 Like

If somebody invests money to a company, which depends on creativity, to make money only or to get the most possible profit ā€¦ creativity and success decline ā€¦ I hope thatā€™s not Elektrons future.

We have seen this before ā€¦ I only say Gibson ā€¦ before the new CEO, James Curleigh, took over of course ā€¦ and saved the company

4 Likes

When CBS took over Fender it went downhill fairly quicklyā€¦ about 3 years or so.

A money injection does not always equal a better end product.

Analog Drive. and the Model things , Overbridge. DIGITONE.

Check the timeline and the guys bailing outā€¦

2 Likes

You gonna include Digitone in that? It came out nearly two years after Analog Drive.

12 Likes

Agree! I also believe heā€™s in a better place now!

4 Likes

I think Jonā€™s still around. Not a founder maybe but joined very early on and is highly influential.

3 Likes

And mate of mine joined two months ago :blush:

14 Likes

I was also thinking of the Fender example. On the bright side, the stuff from the pre-CBS era carries the highest prices.

4 Likes

Yep. im gonna.

Thanks big fellaā€¦ forgot about that one. Iā€™ll update my post.

Just a bit odd to paint this supposed downfall picture timeline when Digitone, a widely popular synth, is smack dab in the middle of it.

Itā€™s almost like this is all simple conjecture and no one even knows.

35 Likes

Thatā€™s 80% of the internet in general and at least 6 threads on here at the moment :grimacing::rofl:

7 Likes

I know itā€™s odd as fuck innit. I dunno.

I bought my Digitone keys half knowing this company never looks after is keyboard versionsā€¦
I like punishment ,maybeā€¦

I laugh each time part of the crew leavesā€¦ just to see the disappearing horizon of my beautiful instrument. . ITS GOOD . could be perfectā€¦

How long have you been using Elektron Music Machines AJ?

This is certainly what a voice on one shoulder keeps saying: ā€œEverything is conjecture until actions are takenā€.

That said, the voice on the other shoulder is currently saying ā€œThe same bold action has been taken by many Iā€™d grown to trust. Iā€™d like to show solidarity.ā€

Of course in the grand scheme of things, none of this will diminish my love for music making; Iā€™m just feeling the familiar pain of nostalgia.

5 Likes

I can relate to that!

4 Likes

I love my Analog Driveā€¦

6 Likes

So did I totally play myself by having an offer accepted for mint Mk1 Rytm (still has the plastic over the screen) this morning before hearing this news? My 1st Elektron device was a Digitakt (briefly) but when I started understanding the workflow I immediately switched to an AR. Heavily influenced by Cenk. For some dumb reason I sold it a while back, and finally talked myself into getting another one after hearing a whole bunch of unfinished tracks Iā€™d made with itā€¦ realizing how much I loved that thing. Then I read about Cenk leaving. The question is only 1/2 a joke, but still, only 1/2 a joke.

72.8% of statistics are just made up out of nowhere.

When does the day after the day after thread start? Weā€™re running out time here people!

5 Likes

9 Likes

Exactly!

There is ZERO evidence as of yet to be suspicious of Elektron.

Sure, Cenk Ess and Ollie leaving the company are a ominous sign- but Cenk has his own thing, Ess has his own thing, Ollie- I have no effing idea, but Iā€™m sure heā€™ll be alright.

As far as we know- Old Elektronā€™s are cool(MD, MnM), Present Elektronā€™s are cool(OT- grandfathered in, DT, DN), Budget Elektrons are currently the lore(MS MC)(IE- Essā€™s Current projects are following similar lore, MnM could even be factored in on the budget lore)

This is what we currently have to look at- these are all the current lore of elektron.

The business survives on the services the business provides. I actually have a hopeful vision for the future! I have a huge stock of rotten tomatoes, Iā€™m working on my throwing arm(getting pretty good), and Iā€™m greatly looking forward to the next Elektron product announcement.

If the next Elektron offering is great, Iā€™ve a good amount saved up(despite my investment of rotten tomatoes)(not the best investment), if not Iā€™m also prepared.

Itā€™ll be fun. Iā€™m looking forward to it

13 Likes