The day after Cenk goodbye

That’s not what CEOs do.

5 Likes

A very good CEO knows every bit of the process and has a good network of professionals. I know this is not common – but Elektron is not a huge and super complex company. For me the CEO needs to be kind of the Scrum Master (or well Product Owner) for a company. So he defines the goals and checks in short increments the status of those and defines new priorities, helps the team with problems etc. pp. – this is how a smart company should be run by a CEO imho.

This is definitely not what a CEO does, except maybe in some really tiny (sub-10 people) companies.

3 Likes

Yes I know! I don’t have any economics background – just my 5 cents how it should be… those old business structures suck imho. Flat hierarchies and fast response to problems require that the CEO understands the fundamentals of the problems in the company and should have the power to address them with agility. Maybe that’s more a CTO or what ever – just saying … those men and women in charge need to be more down to earth is what I wanna say.

1 Like

I hope it didnt end like this.

2 Likes

I don’t get the doom and gloom, I guess. seems like the company is turning a corner, and maybe that’s a good thing. so the people who complain about “what’s with these budget products?” and “why don’t they have a new flagship machine?” and “what? just another new coat of paint release?” are those the same ones worrying in here? maybe underlying all of this is the change you wanted…

I remember watching the emergence of Cenk and his insane skills, and I was happy when he was rewarded with a job showcasing them. but I never bought a machine just because he made them sound awesome (which of course he did). I bought them because they’re well-designed and engineered machines that do what they do brilliantly; they’re great fun to use and you can get the results you’re after while enjoying doing it. if that changes, I’ll have more of an issue with Elektron than I do when their main marketing face leaves.

that said, I do of course wish him well. I’m sure with his talent he’ll have no problem landing somewhere great. and likely he already has something lined up.

18 Likes

you’ve made my day. thank you.

9 Likes

Let’s leave Bob eats out of this :pray: :joy:

7 Likes

I don’t think anyone bought one for that reason. But rather Cenk demonstrated to potential buyers all of the things you described, and in a very musical way that spanned multiple genres. I remember his first Rytm video really made me take a look at the Rytm. It gave me an instant sense of possibility that I could relate my own creative process to. And I didn’t have to look at a spec sheet or sift through the manual to see it (unlike grooveboxes from other companies).

Elektron lucked out with Cenk. Big time. No one else could have had such an impact in demonstrating the vast capabilities of these machines before the age of influencers. He was influencing just by doing what he does best, making music.

His AK+VolcaSample track is still a favorite electronic track of mine by anyone.

So I doubt he determined the buying decisions of anyone, but he certainly reeled in thousands of folks with just a few bars of music. And that attention lead them to the discovery we’ve all had: these tools are highly capable.

15 Likes

New CEO (Andreas) history is quite known, and I am very curious as to where, what approach/direction he will take. A lot of changes have been made over the last few years, Loss of key figures, the souls of the products, not so great product decisions, an ever-declining revenue stream, lack of sales. the Cycles/Samples never gained the momentum they expected. OT is 10 years old. even though it is an amazing machine today, an updated version or new model sharing the original DNA would’ve been appropriate 3-4 years ago. the Elektron Brand is a brand I personally love, handmade, Swedish heritage, made by people that love electronic music of all forms and loved the product and the product development process. - Andreas, you got a lot of fans out here, ensure the DNA remains intact! Yet we understand the road is tough and business is more competitive than ever… Innovate, surprise us! We are hungry for new ideas, new products, and ways to compose music! But remember the heritage! how the company came to what it is today :wink: Good Luck! Looking forward to hearing what’s next and good luck Cenk!

2 Likes

yeah I would agree with this. and he did an excellent job of it. I think I just come more from a place of not needing what he brought to the table. when I heard “analog drums, with samples, driven by an Elektron sequencer” my first thought wasn’t “hmmm… I need to hear what Cenk can do with this machine…” it was “take my money.”

1 Like

Im not sure Cenk is coming across as the good guy. He opened a lot of wallets that would have been closed for a niche product. I think a lot of people would see him as the devil. Only kidding ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you have some links to his history, etc.? I would be interested to read them.

7 posts were split to a new topic: Off topic “day after Cenk”

Hector!! Hector was great! There was a sublime irony in his way of presenting Elektron machines. He gave a funny retro-dark-futuristic feeling to everything.

5 Likes

Maybe Cenk and Ess and Tatsuya will join forces

9 Likes

google Andreas Liffgarden

1 Like

I thought perhaps you were referring to something specific.

2 Likes

Can’t help but think this all could have been avoided if thru just had the original digitakt save pattern chains… For some reason it became something nobody could ever let go… Then the finally added midi sequencing note out to analog’s and we all knew in our heart of hearts we had been had… Then the frustrated started jumping ship…
Rookie move from the number chrunchers…

1 Like