Behringer Linndrum

Looks like Behringer gonna be doing the Linndrum. Hope so, and include all the iterations of it too hopefully.

2 Likes

maybe it’s this…

3 Likes

This is a shared community forum. Let’s not troll the community when it’ll make no difference, except to the moderators dealing with the same old mess. There are threads to vent about the company, this should be a thread for those who want to be constructive and talk about the gear itself

19 Likes

I believe that’s supposed to be “Bopcorn”.

2 Likes

I’m sure I read about this a while ago? Maybe they were testing the waters to see if there would be a big enough market?

The PCB mockup was posted on there Facebook page today. Looks like they are going to, especilly since they laid there hands on the Tears For Fears Linndrum. Lets hope its a reality at last :slight_smile:

1 Like

Behringer posted a new mockup on facebook. Looks nice, 8/12-bit Sampling, Analog Filter. But they seem to have copied & pasted the digitakt screen ui 1:1, at least in this mock up :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Original post: Redirecting...

19 Likes

Right!? I thought I was going insane… thought it looked identical, glad I’m not the only one who thinks so!

5 Likes

It looks like the OB graphics.

That display looks like they are trolling Elektronauts :upside_down_face:

Is this actually a Digitakt+Linndrum combo?

3 Likes

Damn…this actually looks pretty rad

2 Likes

LmDrum

Hm… the DT display doesn’t even really make sense in this context: the labels above/below the waveform correspond to the DT’s 8 encoders which this innovative product lacks

3 Likes

The funny thing is there are no knobs or buttons that are connected to those items on the screen. So i guess it will be heaps of fun sampling by using the arrow keys and jog wheel…

3 Likes

Holy shit. They totally ripped the DT. :grimacing:

3 Likes

What’s “Precussion”?
Was that a Linndrum thing?

7 Likes

This kind of pisses me off because it’s so lazy of them… they’re the biggest synth manufacturer on the planet and they just copy paste a digitakt screen and change the color… really!? Don’t you have a UI department? Graphics department?

6 Likes

They have a container on the way in for dropping off all creativity. Like storing umbrellas.

9 Likes

Look at all of those individual voice outputs! :sunglasses:

16 if you count the click

2 Likes

Doesn’t Bruce Forat still have quite strict control of the linn sample binaries? I remember them having to be removed from sites and software at his request.

Will be interesting to see if this is just a sampler in linndrum format rather than an attempt to copy the signal path like the vlinn did.

I still hold that for all the money behringer make, they could come with much nicer designed equipment. They always manage to make things look like cheap knock offs regardless of whether they sound good or perform well.

5 Likes