The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

Cheekily sat atop a Korg PE :+1:

1 Like

Oh man, this is the first Behringer clone Iā€™m really interested in myselfā€¦ been on a Buchla research/listening kick and in fact wondering recently if there was any chance a cheap Easel clone would ever be releasedā€¦ and voilaā€”

I myself hope that they follow through on this, and that the ergonomics wonā€™t be too different from the original (as that seems to me to be quite as important an element of Buchlaā€™s genius as the sound)

3 Likes

mkay, (quietly puts money aside) ā€¦ gosh !

1 Like

Yeah the physical playing of the Buchla is a big part of it. It looks like Behringer is planning to flip the panel upside down (jacks up top instead of along the bottom, etc.) but beyond that, seems like theyā€™re trying to stay faithful to the sliders and rest of the 208c panel.

Iā€™m going to stick to my plan of winning the lottery and buying a real Buchla Easel or system, but Iā€™m sure if this product actually comes out, itā€™ll be an exciting addition to the synth world. Iā€™ve got my own gripes with Behringer but Iā€™d be happy to see more folks getting access to West Coast synthesis, more jams featuring experimental sounds and techniques, etc. etc. The more Buchla, the better.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m not convinced a 1:1 adaptation of the Easel to Eurorack makes nearly as much sense as something like the upcoming Model 15 adaptation. An original West Coast-inspired design (that borrows heavily from Buchla) might be a better fit.

Ive got the new Music Easel coming soon after speaking to Buchla. What in particular did you like about it? Always good to know others experiences :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I am as well for the first time really excited :nerd_face: about a Behringer product announcement. Ok. The 2600 and Mono/Poly was kinda cool, but the the BEasel, if it actually comes out, will be very welcome in my setup.

I donā€™t see anything too cool about patching these fiddly tiny holes on Volca Modular either. Itā€™s a toy, really.

In this case, Behringerā€™s clone seems like a much better fit.

3 Likes

Cheers. I was hoping April but looks like its been delayed a few months. What do you think of the new design? They say they have improved the reliability of the keyboard.

This is just an image and idea submitted by someone making their suggestion, but Behringer decided to feature it to get opinions.

Fun idea if nothing else.

Wouldnā€™t some CV connections be good with this ?

2 Likes

Isnā€™t this getting out of hand, are they going to clone every synth ever made ?

Is the synth market really that big ?

Iā€™m all for bringing back the classics and lower priced synths but has gotten a bit silly imo.

Bring back the DarkStar!

5 Likes

1 Like

Not sure Uli is bothered by sales, heā€™s just a synth nerd.

1 Like

Well, almost all of their first ones such as Neutron or Boog are out of stock. So I guess they are kind of a hitā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got one here ( with vocoder thing too )

Itā€™s got quite a raw sound ā€¦I dig it out quite often and sample it.
I donā€™t think that RadioShack synth offers anything worth making it for.

2 Likes

Are there release dates for any of this new stuff?

Must be due pretty soon as I saw this sample pack up already:

[https://zamplersounds.sellfy.store/p/mpc-expansion-magnificent-seven]

:rofl:

Yeah the neutron is a beast, at those prices itā€™s a no-brainer so yes they will sell boatloads but the Radio Shack Concert Mate ? A cheap way to get Moog sound back in the day ?

I mean I know itā€™s just a suggestion but I feel the market for something like that is already being served quite well by their ā€œboogsā€

Iā€™m so confused by that. Did they sample the originals but refer to them as emulating the new Behringer synths? :joy:

1 Like

Might be true although I suspect not all of them will eventually see the light. I think Beh tries to test the waters with these announcements and maybe sometimes even build the hype. By ā€œcalculatingā€ that interest they can choose how large the production amounts will be, of course if thereā€™s a need for any. I think itā€™s kind of smart.

1 Like