The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

Don’t know the difference either. We are detailing this thread - maybe make a separate post asking the question? There are plenty knowledgeable people on here. Maybe @Scot_Solida knows, he has a Model 10 I believe.

1 Like

Race to the bottom baybee, each more grotesque and tasteless than the last. How long till they’re giving away pocket vintage synths in happy meals?

4 Likes

Being this is a Behringer thread, here is an article that shows the differences between 15, 35, and 55 Behringer Eurorack systems. Moog versions were of course not Eurorack.

This isn’t gear in progress though, these are out and available. The 2500 modules are available too, as well as Series 100 ( Roland ) modules. Behringer makes a ton of inexpensive and good Eurorack.

BTW : There is a thread for the Behringer 15, 35, 55.

2 Likes

Well said.
So much music technology was basically unobtanium on the basis of price when I started moving over from being in a band to electronic music circa ‘92 . Was the main barrier looking back on it… I just couldn’t get near the sounds I wanted with the gear I could afford.

5 Likes

Each of these is merely a system comprised of a specific selection and number of modules of its era. The 15, 35, and 55 were all later systems based on the 921 oscillator/oscillator bank, while the earlier systems (Model 10, 12, IIc, IIIc, IIIP and others were based on the earlier 901 oscillator/oscillator bank design. There were other differences over the years and they often were mixed and matched. I’ve seen Model 12s with 921 oscillator banks, for instance, and there were a couple of different Fixed Filter bank models used, depending on the system. Of course, any of these systems might be custom-built according to the needs of the buyer.

6 Likes

A common characteristic of the entire Soul series is that they all have sequencers, and i think that includes motion sequencing. I am not sure if they all have arpeggiators.

The Behringer Soul series so far :

ProVS
Saturn
Hiro Tribe
Model D

I think i got 'em all – so far !

3 Likes

So thats 400 bucks for a studio worth of gear. Just need a cheap sampler and a mixer and your all set up.

2 Likes

The $2-3k saved would go a long way to offset those grievances :slight_smile:

Yup, I put them up, along with the Proton, so I could do a bit of noodling with my own racks… :wink:

4 Likes

Short note from FB page, Behringer is currently working on Granular, Phase Distortion and Physical Modeling synths. No other details were given.

5 Likes

While waiting for the HIroTribe, I was reminded of Kid Schurke’s amazing Monotribe videos. These are the reason I always wanted a Monotribe. Watch at 1.5 speed and imagine gabber kicks for the best results.

Admittedly they sound really simila,r but it is a pretty limited device. Also boy oh boy does the Monotribe look sexier than the HiroTribe. :frowning:

4 Likes

No new synth today? They must be getting lazy over there :smiley:

2 Likes

yea what’s goin on??? it’s supposed to be one a day for the rest of eternity.

get it together Uli :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah. Aside from the talk about the three synths i already posted, all they have is a question.

They were wondering what everyone thought of a combination four way Mixer / Hub for their future Soul and Spirit products. They drew a picture just as a strawman to get reactions.

They need to do better.

Tangible Waves just came out with a volca-sized mixer that checks all the boxes for me and leaves out the weird decisions korg (and apparently behringer) make: VMIX10
Of course Uli will probably copy it if it sells

2 Likes

Again, the thing shown on their FB page isn’t intended as a product, only as a strawman, something meant for discussion.

2 Likes

That looks solid but I wish there was a filter per channel (neutral in the middle, closing lpf to the left, and opening hpf to the right). Having this on the Roland MX-1 makes a huge difference in performances.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for the Quadratrack: a miniature OT because if four tracks were good enough for your grandfather, then they’re good enough for you.

1 Like

What is causing this chip shortage Behringer are talking about? Is it a mining problem , an industrial worker problem.? Whats stopping it from being fixed? Cant they ramp up production of them?

1 Like

Wikipedia has a good rundown on it:

The current wait times in Japan for deliveries of some new cars like the Toyota Lexus and Land Cruiser is four years! The world is a mess.

2 Likes