System 15, 35, 55 from Behringer

Just announced. Behringer has taken their System 55 Eurorack modules and bundled them into complete modular systems to mirror the Moog System 15, System 35 and System 55.

Pricing:

• SYSTEM-15 – $1,599.00
  • SYSTEM-35 – $2,299.00
  • SYSTEM-55 – $3,599.00

Perhaps you’ve always wanted something like this, but got stuck at the price.

See this article:

2 Likes

Those prices are out of my league
I’ll stick with the nearest iOS / vst.

1 Like

One decision in life I made that I actually follow: Never start with EuroCrack!

7 Likes

Hmm, it’s not as cheap as I thought it’d be. If looking at the top of the range System 55, I think I’d rather save up a little more and go for the Make Noise Black & Gold Shared System. Despite having fewer modules, the MN seems way more versatile.

12 Likes

Yeah, I’m little surprised at the cost as well

1 Like

Absolutely.

1 Like

38 modules for $3600. With two cases. I feel thats pretty cheap. But compared to what you get for $300 at Behringer it might not seem like it. Its the Eurorack Tax for going modular. hehe

1 Like

The Behringer system 55 is 10 times cheaper than the moog reissue, a single OG module may cost as much as the full Behringer system so that is cheap, cheap for modular standards.

Could be great for music schools for teaching classic modular synthesis

1 Like

The Make Noise shared system is a thing of beauty. And if it’s enough for Allesandro Cortini then it would be more than enough for me.

3 Likes

It’s so tiny, it’s like the model railroad version of the big moog

I would buy this modern take on modular over any roland or moog classic reproduction, but classic reproductions have its place too.

1 Like

Agree with you tenfold

2 Likes

Feels like they’ve missed an opportunity to package the 15 in a tiny Tolex’ed carrying case (with a tiny CP module on the bottom) and with a handle on top. That’d be almost irresistibly cute.

7 Likes

All these bundles are based upon the Behringer Go Eurorack Case. The 15 and the 35, have one Go case, the 55 has two. The Go is 2 x 140 HP, with power built in for $300 USD. Hence the configuration.

I haven’t seen where someone has priced out the parts, to see if and how much Behringer may be discounting the bundle. Perhaps it’s worth taking this bundle and repurposing the Go case (or maybe raiding the power supply and connectors from it), and building a three high case as you describe Scot. It would be fun to see an image like from modulargrid. Perhaps there is a ready made case that fits this description.

If not, and people don’t do this for themselves there’s an opportunity for someone else. A few small Mom and Pops make their business creating accessories for Behringer synth equipment, and selling it on places like Reverb and Etsy. (They move fast to not get stepped on by the elephant.) Seems to me this could be a ready made business idea.

1 Like

Thanks . The sense check I needed.
I endorse this perspective

1 Like

Behringer just dropped prices on these three :

• Behringer System 55 – $1400 price cut to $1,599
  • Behringer System 35 – $1500 price cut to $999
  • Behringer System 15 – $900 price cut to $799

My post in the Deals thread.

Anyone else with ( serious) thoughts about any of these three ?

1 Like

The 55 is a very interesting proposition at that price

4 Likes

At these prices, if someone made a “how do I get started with modular, I have about $1kUSD to spend” post I would have to seriously consider mentioning these. I know the modular community really hates Behringer, so I’ve not seen much discussion of their modules’ quality, but this makes them a really really good entry point.

It’s much more fun (in my experience) to patch a handful of things then to start with one osc and a filter like is often suggested.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking the same thing. Once my new room is up and running, I plan to do a bunch of tutorials videos with my Moog. Those should translate pretty well to the clones, obviously. The only significant difference being that all of my (13!) oscillators are all 901s, not 921s. Still, there are only a couple of differences (PWM and sync). For this price, I can see a lot of people taking the plunge.

7 Likes

I’m so jealous you have a Moog system! I’d love to watch those tutorials just to vicariously experience it haha

2 Likes