The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

The Model 15 should be a little easier for them to do, in that it is using the circuitry and parts from Eurorack modules that they’re already manufacturing and selling. It is more difficult than just repackaging those modules, but manufacture of this one is still something more in reach to accomplish.

They also currently manufacture and sell their 2500 Eurorack modules. In the Facebook comments they say they are thinking about a 2500 semi-modular similar to this Model 15.

2 Likes

Sure, but it’s Behringer. Think of it more as an announcement rather than a launch. All this stuff is many months away.

4 Likes

I own only one other Behringer in this form factor (Neutron) and I thought Proton would be number 2… This might bump the Proton to #3.

Behringer should make a keyboard dock for these, a cross between Roland’s Boutique keyboard and Waldorf’s KB37.

1 Like

This sort of thing was suggested in the Facebook comments for the Model 15. This guy was thinking more of a 2600 sort of thing. Notice how Behringer responded.

Paul Grace :
To go with all these products…Howabout making a neat flight case 49 note keyboard/eurorack case …

Behringer :
Paul Grace great idea.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Fortunately this sort of thing isn’t enormously difficult nor expensive to DIY.

1 Like

:joy:

I think I saw the image for that aswell. Not sure if it was from an official source or not.

2500 semi modular would be an instant purchase

Éliane Radigue machine for $300

3 Likes

Can someone explain the differences between the 15 and 2500? I’m not up on my Moog modulars.

These just popped up on Modular Grid:

Thoughts?

2 Likes

need em both

Cool I guess. Not really interested though

1 Like

Good that it is available/reachable for people who want/need it.

I prefer new/og gear designs/developments myself or official collabs (eg Buchla by TTA).

I think this needs to be merged with the Behringer gear in progress thread.

Not interested in these personally, just not my thing. Besides, I’m holding out for a Hiro (Tribe).

Well … once again that Model 15 thing is actualy a Grandmother without a keyboard.

2 Likes

Correct about the spring but it can be bypassed. Build quality on the neutron was great so wi expect the same on this. If it sounds anything like the grandmother it’ll be a no brainer.

2 Likes

Hey, that makes it on par with Elektron stuff. Isn’t it cool ? :grinning:

2 Likes

2500 was a ARP modular, not Moog.

3 Likes

Ah, ARP2500, of course. Now I get it. I was getting confused with the Model 15, 35, 55. I never figured out what the differences were with those.

1 Like

Model D Soul

From the Facebook page :

Portable Legendary Analog Synthesizer with 3 VCOs, Classic VCF, 1 LFO, 2 Envelopes and Motion Sequencer

• Based on the classic MiniMoog from the 1970s
  • VCO with 5 selectable wave forms, including saw, triangle, shark, square and pulse
  • Vintage-sounding low-pass filter with resonance for those classic sounds
  • LFO with 4 different waveforms for amazing vibrato and filter effects
  • VCA with a dedicated envelope control
  • Variable envelope amount for filter cut-off control
  • White and pink noise with i dependent volume control for dramatically expanded waveform generation
  • 16-step motion sequencer with 8 memory slots and recording of knob movements
  • 27 touch keys for instant playing on the go
  • 18 controls for direct access to all major functions
  • USB Micro connector allows powering via smartphone, power bank or computer
  • Comprehensive MIDI implementation (including NRPN/CC control of all parameters and bulk load/save)
  • $99 USD

The “Model D Soul” is fully completed and ready for production. Once we’ll receive the chips, this synth will be on the way to you.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

So along with competing with Moog, they are now competing with themselves, and they just don’t care that they do.

4 Likes