The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

With all the Moog clones, I wish they would clone the Moogerfoogers, mainly the filter pedal. The Mutron Octave Divider clone sounds great (much better than in the video) and feels really solid.

3 Likes

Really, want to buy my mf 101 ?
Going by reverb prices you owe me $1000+
Laugh my ass of. I paid $250 second hand a few years ago.
These reverb prices are redicules.

3 Likes

midi murf would be awesome. always wanted that pedal

1 Like

On the FB page, there are pictures of two synths that have likely come from a production trial run. There is one Syncussion shown, which is nice to see.

But much more significant are the two MS-5 37 key keyboard synths with the hinged control panel !

A comment from Behringer indicates these are off now to beta-test.

There had been an article a month or so back in SynthAnatomy, i think, speculating that Behringer had Rob Keeble of AMSynth do the design of the MS-5, since he had previously done Eurorack modules based on the SH-5. This may or may not be true. ADDED : This was also speculated on in July '21, see thread link below.

These two synths are near the top of the list of what I’d expect to be the next synths being released.

The MS-5 ( thread link ) should be really good.

1 Like

I don’t know the sh5 synth but presume it’s typical Roland monosynth ? Like a souped up 101?
Thanks for the thread link - I’ll go there

I’m quite interested in the syncussion too , though I’m yet to dig into sample packs and plug-in versions that are around ( I think ?? )

1 Like

Yeah, a monosynth, a full boat version.

ADDED :

Yeah a sample pack from Dataline for instance. His thread on that.

If he chose the Syncussion for a sample collection, we should really hope that Behringer did a good job with their copy.

2 Likes

I guess the emergence of the CoolAudio BA662 re-fab will lead to more classic Roland designs rereleased in one format or another? The SH5 filter was more than likely 662 based while I’d guess the 101 used the later IR3019 (which I believe was 4x662’s in a dip package). I’m no Roland expert but they’re were other differences no doubt.

1 Like

Another ripoff that likely won’t see the light of day for a few years has been teased…

1 Like

There are two more in the background.

One may be another Pro-16. There is also a desktop synth in the background being used by the employee though.

All of these are now off to beta-test.

1 Like

They are now on the second round of teasing for products that no one knows when will be released.

1 Like

I’m confused as to whether the Pro-16 is a 16 voice Pro 1 with all the voices sharing a filter, or a prophet clone with 16 full voices. Behringer hasn’t really put out a poly clone yet unless the deepmind 12 counts.

The article i posted up thread says it is made to resemble the Prophet 5 / Prophet 10, only with 16 voices instead.

There is a thread for this too.

2 Likes

I used to find it a little annoying when things would be announced with no indication when they would ever come out.
These days I find it far more annoying when people complain over and over about products not being released, especially given what we know about the chip shortage and what’s happening in the world.
If indeterminate release dates are so upsetting, maybe find another post to follow.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Guessing the joystick doesn’t work yet

That is one crap demo. Apart from the initial sound, the same repeating pattern and drowned by another instrument.

1 Like

the eurorack versions of the mini/soul synths are going to be incredible. imagine having a matrix 1000/jupiter 8 voice in your rack

2 Likes

The Euro-Hiro-Tribe with bass drum, snare, open and closed hi-hat and a 2 DCO synth plus filter should be great in a small box Eurorack system.

( Just speculation. )

Sounds ace! I can’t see the issue with the demo? We heard different patches covering a pretty broad spectrum used in a music context. It’s is only a teaser after all, not a fully fledged review… I prefer something like this where I can listed to the only thing that matters, the instrument, used to create a piece of music rather than sone noise. No need for any chat either, just some playing. It’s in line with their other progress/teaser vids too.

2 Likes

How did Behringer make the Eurorack ProVS so fast ?

They made it in reaction to a comment asking for this by someone seeing the ProVS “Soul” announcement. Can they really turn around new hardware in a week ?

They say they have some firmware to do – come on you software flunkies why are you holding up the project ? :crazy_face:

I am pretty sure this is a real hardware proto !
Impressive engineering !

1 Like