Behringer Plans 40 Eurorack Modules In The Next 2 Years, Priced at $49-99

You need a couple of Erica Techno Systems, stat.

1 Like

Well, what you’re saying is not wrong. My (very) specific problem is that nobody gives a shit about our modules to begin with, HA!

But at this point we’re kind of too deep in to NOT release 'em at some point.

you really sound like a thread elitist

1 Like

but calls the sh101 his favorite synth :thinking:

To be fair, that’s just the sort of deliberately contradictory shit that RDJ would come out with.

Limitations breed ideas, all those wires, nothing (!).
I love the 202 but had to sell.

We sell so much that does so much we only want when we’ve sold the the things that do the things that do so much.

1 Like

I’d buy the shit out of a slinky dog spring reverb

3 Likes

Nope, Behringer owns Cool Audio whose products appear in a lot of Elektron, DSI amongst others products.

10 posts were split to a new topic: Way-off-topic

There are countless Behringer threads, all eventually ending up the exact same way, let’s try to keep them vaguely on topic

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay. Yes, it is my understanding that the new modules were both designed and manufactured in Japan. I’m unsure why they made the change, I thought it was kind of cool that they were partnering with a smaller company. Maybe it signals that they will be rampling up their eurorack offerings or maybe it means nothing at all, we will have to wait and see.

Detroit Rocks!

I’ve always wanted a real sh-101, Pro-one, arp odyssee and a minimoog, 808, and a 909. I’m not a professional music producer, just hobbiest who loves the sounds these classics made. I’m definitely not going to pay the outrageous inflated costs for these just to have the sound so it was always going to be out of reach for people like me. If behringer can give me these for a fraction of what the originals cost I’m definitely buying.

I’ve always been afraid to shell out the money for modules because I wasn’t sure if I’d like them, and if I put a lot of money into a few modules and didn’t feel I got enough from them, I may have just gotten turned off from going that route. However, if I could get a taste of modular with the behringer modules, I may be more inclined to go down that rabbit hole.

I am hesitant to buy behringer because I have bought a couple of their products back in the late ‘90s and early 2000’s which we all know how those were. Things like the deepmind and the neutron shows there could be hope that they are producing better quality now.

I thought every company was out to make money, I understand customer support is important with dealing with quality issues and defects but what company doesn’t have those? Look at the pains and criticism every other company gets for things they do or don’t do.

Of course this is all just my opinion. But music as a hobby for me, I’m going to buy what I want to make the sounds to my taste. Unless I tell you what gear I produce with you’ll never know if it included any behringer gear.

3 Likes

what about Roland’s boutique synths ? Pretty accurate if you ask me…

(unless you want full-size keys and interface of course !)

Boutiques are just Vst’s in a box with miniature controls and limited i/o. What Behringer is doing (actual analog clones with proper controls and i/o) is on totally different level.

2 Likes

Granted about i/o and full-size. Soundwise though… they’re great.

JRRShop has the first modules listed. Available in 3+ weeks.
https://www.jrrshop.com/behringer

1 Like

lets keep this eurorack.
the other thread is here

3 Likes

Agreed.

Although if Behringer ever did a Eurorack version of any of the Mini or Micro synths minus the keyboard that would be interesting.

That’s pure speculation of course.

1 Like

Hey – Why did captain8’s post get flagged ? Turns out he is on-topic, there is a Eurorack version of the ProVS. Behringer is showing it on their Facebook page. Plus there is a post about it. Let’s unflag his post !

I assume captain8 knew when he posted, although he may also be clairvoyant ?

Good to see ! I think all the Behringer Micro and Mini synths will make excellent Eurorack !

ADDED : They have made progress with this, and now have front panel design and promise a video of this as well. See post in Gear in Progress thread.

2 Likes