Pro VS Mini from Behringer

The shape of the synth is a bit ugly would be interesting to see how it sounds

did they tease a eurorack version of this too?

I don’t recall a Euro version but @Jukka will know better.

I’m hoping for a ‘fuller sized’ version as I’m not a fan of small boxes with small (6mm shaft only) pots etc. Sausage fingers and shit eyes etc. The latest vid sounds really good

Preorder on Thomann and Andertons now.

The Eurorack version is called Victor, I posted about it here.
NOTE : They did another rev of it after the one i showed in that post.

Behringer built a real prototype of it, see this post for a picture of it :

2 Likes

The pre-order from Anderton’s is £89, blimey!

FWIW I pre ordered the Pro 800 from Andertons and it arrived pretty much the day they said they’d be in stock. I noted some of the Thomann pre orders were fulfilled sooner than the quoted date. So I’d guess if they’re saying end of Sept, the that’s when they’ll be in stock. I’m not saying don’t order from them (I’ve had a few bit, never any issues) just that what you see tends to be what you get regarding dates.

2 Likes

Is there are dates for when the pre order will be delivered?

Thomann has been paying extra to air freight from the Behringer factory, that’s how they get stuff so fast.

1 Like

jeebuz. for 99€ i can’t say no. plus full midi cc :heart_eyes:

could be like a way more interesting and versatile replacement for my roland S-1 - love that thing but i find the 101 sound sometimes a bit too simplistic (guess that’s the point).

preordered!

3 Likes

Fixed thread title.

Sounds crazy good. Been wanting some wavy vintage rompler goodness after binging the x-files (which was wavestation I believe). This is a no-brainer.

1 Like

it must have wifi midi? unless they were acting on the promo video?

they were “playing” a behringer keyboard with USB to out of screen but there was only power and audio cables attached to the PROvs.

Edit: It has usb midi.

Sounds ideal for crusty dungeon synth vibes, just have to run it through tape buried in soft peat of course.

2 Likes

I just came here to make a microfreak joke but reading the thread has ruined it for me.

emu proteus 2. (unless you’re strictly referring to the score and not the theme)

1 Like

Yeah more the incidental music! But apparently he just sampled all his romplers and played them through a synclavier??

On topic, does anyone know if the vector joystick is spring loaded or does it stay where you put it? Can’t find any videos of the damn thing being touched and then released

1 Like

Say what you will, but I’m just impressed they went with 5 pin din input.

5 Likes

I was wondering this as well. It really looks like they’re using a component from a game controller parts supplier (tbh an ingenious move to hit this price point), so I’m assuming spring-loaded. Though maybe they could also order them without springs.