The Behringer era

Says you… I say keep your company loyalty… In the mean time me and everyone else will be enjoying tools we’ve been asking for, for decades… It’s not my job to decide who’s right or wrong, I just want to have fun creating music… And guess what? These tools are gonna kick ass! I can’t wait…:blush:

1 Like

they’ll kick ass…ish.

they sound good…but not quite right
but that’s okay.

enjoy it.

I will my friend, oh will I…

Not many companies do :pensive:

4 Likes

fair enough.

People that say this have not A/B a Behringer with the original. When the Model D was first announced that is what I thought too… how close can it be. Dont judge it based on its price alone cuz the low price tag is not the only good thing about it.

1 Like

never do man…

honda is as AWESOME car. id take that over a mercedez anytime.

just going by what my ears tell me in the B case.

1 Like

What’s that? Just a hypothetical question

Well not me, so there is at lest two of us who won’t enjoy this behringer clones :joy:
Seriously, i am here becouse Elektron is making interesting elektronik instruments, they feel contemporary, creative, they even have beutifull, aperance. So basicly, i am not the consummer in that behringer target group.

4 Likes

They do both actually.

1 Like

I don’t actually know the value of Moog (not sure it’s publicly available), but I don’t think it’s in the multiple millions of dollars. I think they have maybe 60 employees…? it’s also quite important (to me) that Moog are 100% employee owned. so if they struggle, not only do people lose their jobs but the value of the company goes down and people who are retiring from there and counting on that value for income also lose money. when companies swoop in and rip off their products - thereby increasing the chances that Moog’s value will decline - I find it pretty sleazy.

2 Likes

Discussing if ripping of someone’s work is ok or not is ridiculous.

They should do only one of this two things.

If you say so. I don’t work at Roland or Behringer and I have zero interest in clones, so I only consider the good new stuff they (Behringer & Roland) release. Why should I care for the rest ? The TR-8S is excellent, good job Roland. The Neutron is excellent, good job Behringer.

1 Like

This is off topic, its not about were ither of us work , and its not about neutron. Yes i said they should not copy, and the fact they do copy, is why this topic exist.

I hope behringer makes a rytm knock off with midi implementation lol runs and hides

2 Likes

That cheap-looking selection wheel is legit. It’s really got that Behringer flavour :joy:

1 Like

Thats actually an MPC jog wheel :open_mouth::zipper_mouth_face::rofl:

1 Like

Bonus points for the horrid blue LEDs too, nothing says cheap like cheap blue LEDs, especially when they are 30 times brighter than they need to be, shows how much thought went into the whole design.

True story: Before I knew much about Behringer probably 10-12 years ago, I went shopping for a small mackie mixer for a live set, I was playing that night so my options were limited, I went to my local (50 miles away) music shop and was informed that they didn’t have any mackie in stock, but they had “these which are almost as good but half the price” pointing at a stack of Behringer Xenyx mixers, I needed to get something so I bought one. I got home and did a quick test, as soon as I powered it up the ridiculously bright el cheapo blue LED came on, I thought holy shit that is way too bright, so I put a piece of masking tape over it to try to dim it a bit.

When I got to the venue for a sound check, I set up my gear and because the venue was pretty dark noticed that even with the tape over it the stupid blue power LED was so bright that I couldn’t look at the meters, because the genius that designed it decided to place it right above them. I asked one of the other guys playing if they had any masking tape, thinking if I put more on it might dim it enough, he said no he didn’t have any tape but came over and had a look, he said “no worries you can borrow my spare mixer” (a mackie 1202) after almost laughing at the POS Behringer, so I boxed it up there and then, and took it back to the shop for a refund a couple days later.

3 Likes

This is Behringer’s idea of legible labels!

2 Likes