Roland trademark 808 and 303

I wouldn’t buy a Behringer anything anyway, but I think from the response to Behringer’s clones a lot of people seem only to care about price, not originality or innovation, or little details like the nice panels etc. I mean you look at the Behringer designs of the 101 and 808, they look ugly as hell and that is even with copying a lot of Rolands design cues, they still managed to make them look like cheapo counterfeits, which is kind of apt considering that is exactly what they are.

2 Likes

Including sound and UI

With all this controversy, Behringer will have great success with these products… Which strengthens their presence in the synth market, meaning more amazing products from all the manufacturers competing for our dollars… Thanks Behringer for lighting a fire under companies like Roland because they need it… Yamaha, you’re next…:blush:

3 Likes

Oh, I do hope so! I’ve been waiting for Yamaha to drop some new cool boxes since before I had grey hair. But alas, no new su series groove boxes, no rs7k mk2 not even some Volca competing boxes like a revised an200/dx200.

1 Like

I completely agree… Yamah has had their heads buried in the sand for way too long…

I’ll take the behri version any day if they replace the tiny unreadable MI icons with proper clear black on metal labels. Doepfer wins no beauty contest, but I almost never have to open a manual.

i laugh at Roland with a mouth as big as the globe

laughable Roland laughable

Behringer has taste

Shame they don’t incorporate some of it into their designs then, their stuff looks like it was designed by someone who was off their face on Jenkem :joy:

1 Like

If you would take your Behringer hater glasses off for a while, you might notice that RD-808 actually looks really nice. Way, way nicer than Roland’s Aira line.

2 Likes

Are this copy of ray-ban ? :joy:

2 Likes

I see your point, but I think the aira stuff is just as ugly too - that horrible green :face_vomiting:

I don’t think the RD-808 looks nice personally, although I would concede it isn’t their worst, it looks like a mash up of an ER-1 and diy TR-808 clone at best IMHO.

They come free with every Roland purchase

1 Like

Good point! I’d completely forgotten about that one. This could give Roland some nice ammo if it decided to go after Behringer on trade dress.

Cant get much cheeper than free :grin:

Less green on the TR-8S though. One of many reasons to love it :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah the TR-8s looks quite nice, the MX-1 I can just about bear, the aira fx modules look nice too, but the other aira stuff looks a bit naff I think.

The worst problem I have is the system-1m green leds being too bright to the point where it is a pain for the eyes in dim light. But the sound of this thing is just too good, so I just have a light nearby to accomodate this. I wish they would had the option to dim the leds.

Taste in their choices to bite.

How any writer/musician can be against protecting IP is beyond me

1 Like