That RYTM 1.70 Sound

… more pulsaring on the Rytm :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: different snare …

29 Likes

More acid on Rytm. Of course, I noticed that I’m obscuring what I’m doing with my left hand only after recording 🫣

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3OByKVM1yI/

3 Likes

Banging

3 Likes

This is so, so good.

Do you guys find lack of filter keytracking settings available (unlike in e.g. Syntakt) a big problem for getting good synth (bass / lead) sounds out of RYTM?

I was also wondering whether the lack of such settings means there’s NO tracking at all OR it’s just set to some fixed value / amount that cannot be adjusted? I’d rather assume the second

1 Like

there are pretty simple workarounds for keytracking with velocity mod or non running lfo, the velocity mod is slightly better because it can do 4 macros so you can apply it to other things, check out this thread:

1 Like

It’s ok. Rytm still does some fantastic bass.

But this might be the single thing I miss the most from Syntakt.

Keytrack filter and also legato modes really make the Syntakt feel like a true, classic mono synth. Especially when played with a keyboard.

E: I know about slide trigs. It’s just a different vibe. I like the play a lot of sounds in live, and I used the Syntakt bass at times when I wasn’t even using the Syntakt on a song.

1 Like

It’s probably the thing I use ST for the most at this point. I adore it for bass.

3 Likes

Only got the Rytm recently so I can’t compare to the pre-1.70 sound… But boy do I love the kick and the dual VCO with a pinch of distortion.

4 Likes

After Pulsar-23 mode and Perkons mode (didn’t post), here’s Rytm in Landscape Noon mode :wink:

15 Likes

acid core … all synth except 909 hihats … tried to make that insane hardcore kick i unlocked on the Syntakt work on the Rytm. It’s something, but not ultra :wink:

16 Likes

The sound and mixing on these mini-tracks are really impressive; is this straight out of the Rytm or are you doing tracking via Overbridge with post-processing? Any hints or tips you’d like to offer us mortals?

1 Like

Same, coming from the Syntakt, I‘m shocked by how easy it is to make a kick or synth sound massive and dirty on the Rytm. Not that Syntakt is hard to program, but the distortion just does so much more on the Rytm.

Thank you, all my stuff is just straight out of the respective synth. I just design my sounds so they fit together already :wink:

Edit: I also don’t use resampling.

5 Likes

The track overdrive yes, but y’all just always forget the FX Drive That Syntakt Sound - #524 by Jeanne

1 Like

Don’t you miss the symmetry parameter in the master distortion on the syntakt? I really enjoy adding just a tiny amount of bias in the audio to get some clipping. I wish the distortion was available on the A4.

I’ve been working on improvising rave techno livesets since the update, here’s my latest one, I used a sp404 for the vocal samples in transitions, but all the rest is analog rytm only, I hope this speaks to somebody

I’m using one pattern and one kit, I got 2 single cycle waveforms on track 5 & 6, a 1-shot stab on track 7, dual VCO on track 2, and a bunch of different kicks in my scenes

12 Likes

So many great tunes in this thread! Wish I knew my way around my rytm like most of you :slight_smile:

Sounds great

Please do.

I love the Perkons. Would love to hear AR getting close.

1 Like