That RYTM 1.70 Sound

Same, coming from the Syntakt, I‘m shocked by how easy it is to make a kick or synth sound massive and dirty on the Rytm. Not that Syntakt is hard to program, but the distortion just does so much more on the Rytm.

Thank you, all my stuff is just straight out of the respective synth. I just design my sounds so they fit together already :wink:

Edit: I also don’t use resampling.

5 Likes

The track overdrive yes, but y’all just always forget the FX Drive That Syntakt Sound - #524 by Jeanne

1 Like

Don’t you miss the symmetry parameter in the master distortion on the syntakt? I really enjoy adding just a tiny amount of bias in the audio to get some clipping. I wish the distortion was available on the A4.

I’ve been working on improvising rave techno livesets since the update, here’s my latest one, I used a sp404 for the vocal samples in transitions, but all the rest is analog rytm only, I hope this speaks to somebody

I’m using one pattern and one kit, I got 2 single cycle waveforms on track 5 & 6, a 1-shot stab on track 7, dual VCO on track 2, and a bunch of different kicks in my scenes

12 Likes

So many great tunes in this thread! Wish I knew my way around my rytm like most of you :slight_smile:

Sounds great

Please do.

I love the Perkons. Would love to hear AR getting close.

1 Like

I had a rare opportunity to be at home and used the time to hook up my desk.

All Rytm sounds are from individual outs with effects added through the desk. I’ve used a sample from my deepmind processed on the RYTM, there’s also a xoxbox in use.

11 Likes

Rytm Acid Core 161 BPM 🫠
All synthesis except the pad, the 909 cymbals/snare and a subtle (highpassed) click added to the kickdrum. Did I mention I love performance mode? Enjoy :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Sounds amazing Jeanne :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which one do you like more: AR or ST?
(or LXR-02 :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Rytm by far

Syntakt is my favourite, it allows for modern production techniques other multitimbral synths/grooveboxes - including Rytm - don’t.

But just because some of the machines got the same names from Elektron doesn’t mean Rytm and Syntakt have anything to do with each other :wink:

4 Likes

Holy bananas :banana:
I haven’t touched my RYTM since the update.
They really opened up some wonder possibilities with these new sounds.
The stuff ported from the Syntatk is lovely dirty goodness.
Exactly what I needed coming back from such a hiatus

3 Likes

I’ve listened to this like 10 times already in less than 24 hours! Insane tune so simple yet addictive.

1 Like

Nice one, thanks; Glad it hit the spot :wink:

2 Likes

can’t stop the acid (all synth except 909 cymbals)

16 Likes

The intro is just evil on that one.

2 Likes

Edit - I had to redo the audo as there seemed to be a slip on the video, so a new link is here…

Did a quick recording while stuck at mine. Mainly RYTM tones though there is a sampled pad in there. All through a desk so not much manipulation of the RYTM itself…

11 Likes