Teenage Engineering OP-Z

You got my love by the 5 second mark!

not me. I‘m just the sharing guy :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I’ve been very pleased with the updates so far since launch. I wonder if there is any plan to addmutlitrack audio streaming ala elektron stuff. I suppose it would be against the nature of the beast as raw audio without tape, effects sends, and punch in effects would remove quite a bit of the magic.

On another note, the mute bank is fantastic for song arrangement, especially when just muting/unmuting all of the effects tracks across multiple patterns. You can get a crazy variety with one pattern copied across an entire project without having to modify the note values for the audio tracks. So good.

4 Likes

this would be my biggest wish! I’m not knowledgeable how complicated this is, but from my user point of view, every new machine should have multiouts over USB nowadays

1 Like

I guess that does not apply to monosynths. :smile:

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:

android beta!

maybe the right time to sell mine :thinking:

1 Like

holy cow, I did not expect them to come out with an app for Android! finally, i’ve been having a lot of fun without the app, but this will be nice for keeping consistent levels across patterns and also for the new LFO integration.
but why sell it now?

nahh ain’t selling, vacation trip soon and happy I still have it around :thup:

1 Like

android promo video

And now this ? https://teenage.engineering/products/op-z/m-1

1 Like

Looks like a new firmware out with two new synth engines! And some new FX from the looks of it. Genuinely just released so no idea if any videos yet and not got a chance to try,.

4 Likes

New synth engines? I don’t see those anywhere in the latest update from a few days ago.

It’s on their Instagram. Not looked into it, one engine is an organ.

They’re in the app. Two synth engines, a new reverb, and chorus.

5 Likes

“ analog - saw, sub, noise with filter envelope
organ - 8 different fm organ sounds
reverb - clean reverb with light modulation
chorus-80 - oldschool chorus”

Shame no square/pulse on analog, we already have saw in the saw engine.

3 Likes

Good stuff. New reverb sounds very nice on the arp track. Haven’t really messed with the rest yet but this is a day I’m happy to have brought my opz to hide at my desk at the office.

1 Like

we are good with updates for years with the OP-Z :thup:

1 Like

This is a pretty fat update, wish there was a video out showcasing the new engines and effects!

1 Like

I noticed sweetwater stopped carrying the OP-Z and wondered if that meant its discontinued further manufacturing…