Nice! I really need to get back into the OP-Z. Been neglecting it
OP-Z Coldplay cover
OS update: 1.2.12
- redesigned lfo with new shapes, tempo sync and accelero-meter support. read about it here .
- add lfo to effect tracks
- add note style option to master track (latch, free). read about it here .
- add low battery led indication. read about it here .
- add setting to disable arpeggio. read about it here .
- softer pop at shortest envelope release setting
- fix crash when killing notes (TRACK+STOP) on tracks other than the first 8.
- fix flipped usb audio L/R signal
- fix occasional pop/noise on tape track
- fix bug where polyphony note stealing sometimes chose wrong note
- don’t stall midi output when switching projects while connected to app
- disregard ‘channel_one_to_active’ setting when processing incoming UI group CC messages
Sounds great. I miss „add interesting synth engines“, though…
me too. Although I find most of them very usable.
Usable yes, but not more than that.
matter of taste I would say
Chord stabs, silky string pads? Pls send receipes if you have any.
the new lfo adds a lot to the synth and samples!
different waves at audiorates serve as a smooth sub oscillator and the ability to dive into negative values is amazing!
the app is great for the visual aspect
I have to get into the Z again, been too long… updates help picking things up (Elektron knows)
Pretty sweet update!!! Good to know they’re still working on it and adding features.
hmm, guess I don‘t use these type of sounds
I don‘t know. I dig the string type engine. I like the first bass engine a lot.
It does very nice plucky sounds and arps imo.
The filter works great, I don‘t fiddle to much with the oscillator parameters but dial in most sounds with the filter and different resonance settings. I can get all the sounds sit nicely in the mix that way.
I think it excels as drum machine. Samples sound really punchy. I see it more as something like the digitakt, synth sounds are on top. Still hope they add some in a future update.
I find a couple of the synth engines ok, but truth be told I mostly use samples now. I wish that the sample storage was bigger, it seems that it could happen if looking at the storage size when using the various disk modes is an indication.
Still, nice to see fairly regular updates, thanks for the heads up @Unifono
Turning off the arp and the improved LFO seem the standouts to me, saw single should be good for filter and pitch envelope kind of things.
lfo on fx is also really welcome, additional low pass gate sounds when drive and crush are modulated independently.
the free note mode on the master track is a killer feature aswell, gives a fast feedback and no more held notes when sequenced.
sequencing all this controlled mess is such a pleasure. much to explore. sound wise
Lots of usability tweaks, too. Now, when you adjust a parameter with a dial, the numbers light up to better show you what you’ve actually selected. It’s way easier than remembering LED colors.
Also, when you copy pattern/project/etc, the relevant buttons light up yellow to show you what you’re copying.
I have an update unrelated question:
Sometimes it happens in patterns, that on some track I get something like latching notes… They keep sounding and the LED of the pressed note keeps lit-up until I press it again…
Bug or some feature I’m not aware of and accidently activated ?
There is drone mode for tracks, maybe you accidentally activated it?