Teenage Engineering OP-1

Oh they teamed up with Ifixit, can be closed this post

this is crazy … finished ebay auctions

Ahem:

insane! i really love my op-1. its a very special synth. but … $3000?!?!

scarlet for them when TE start production again :smile:

Really hesitate to buy me a second one new.
I really dig my little one, but fear it might die in my hands in the next few years.

“Seasons don’t fear the reaper
Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain, we can be like they are”

1 Like

As a design & brand centric firm, Teenage Engineering know that their name becomes priceless by discontinuing the OP-1 …

Move over TB303, for decades to come, key influencers will be photographed noodling away on their OP-1 in moody b&w photos.

People should jump in at the next €2000 opportunity before it goes truly beyond reach.

Watch a few Red Means Recording videos and then give me a call.

I’ve got 40 mint OP-1s, in sealed branded packaging, with full accessories, kept in a custom humidor to Swedish climatic averages.

2 Likes

Who yet knows what the OP-1 might be used for in the future?

Let me get one

I guess I always thought the original price of the OP-1 was a bit of a bargain when compared to similar digital instruments, case in point - it was cheaper than the Octatrack but every bit as capable albeit in entirely different ways and use, even though they are both “samplers”.

I think a lot of people equate value for money to physical size, but that is a bit of a mistake where the OP-1 is concerned IMHO.

I think the prices will settle down fairly quickly, possibly a little over the original new price perhaps, ultimately though the market decides, as with everything else.

1 Like

I have owned 3 of them… every 2 years I think I need one bt I never really do… I mostly ever use it to show it off or brag to people

I really suggest to participate to operator-1.com battles to discover new faces of this amazing synth.
By using it you really get how powerful it is, and being constrained really helps finding new tricks or getting a new workflow. Plus the deadline is always here to push you to finish your track.
A nice game it is !

2 Likes

I think a lot of people dont see the depth of the op-1. Even took me a while. When you just fideling around with the presets it sounds quite boring. But when you discover the power of the 4 Tracks and Resampling … oh boy …

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: OP-1 Discontinued?

Whoever is holding the top bid might now be feeling a little anxious watching the clock click down

1 Like

8 grand?
mental. think it could be a TE pr stunt, buying them from themselves at crazy prices type thing?
8k is bananas. 3k was bananas but 8k is even more bananas. a bunch of bananas.

1 Like

any good vids of the 4track resampling do u know, @Poly?

id be very interested to hear that side of it.

Makes no sense as a PR stunt since they don’t get any money from second hand sales. Hopefully the news will deflate prices to less than new.

more just general advertisement for them as a company I was suggesting.
seems crazy anyone would pay that much for one, especially when discontinuation was only rumoured a few days ago.
its probably legit, I’m jus a li’l baffled.