Teenage Engineering OP-1

If they got found out it would be incredibly bad PR.

Plenty of bids from 0 feedback users, guessing it’s other people who have no intention of paying up and just highlighting the absurdity.

guys come on… pls dont fall for this nonsense. :joy:
nothing has transacted at those prices. if you check ebay post the “discontinued” rumor they went for anywhere between £800-£1000 used… not much difference and still WAAY too high.

the revision will be cheaper apparently than what the original MK I went for new.

1 Like

TE are clearly doing their utmost to talk down the market - they are relying on eBay to harvest spare parts from stripped OP-1s.

This global OP-1 shortage is more acute than we realised.
BUY BUY BUY Randolph! Turn those screens back on. Turn those screens back on!

3 Likes

Yup- a lot of people who paid over -the-odds may be regretting in when the new hardware comes out soon offering a better version of the OP-1 for less money…maybe it will even have a battery that can be replaced!

That’s great news. Sold mine which was one of the first or second batches direct from TE and have regretted it since. Didn’t want to shell out for repairs and was hoping they’d make some sort of upgrade.

I have all these samplers, but still something so so nice about bringing the op-1 along to other places to compose on the go. It was my synth moleskine in a sense, will definitely purchase another when they start producing them more regularly.

1 Like

OP-1 forever :slight_smile:

1 Like

OP-2 ?
I like that name.

hah! brilliant.

Frozen Concentrated OP-1’s :joy:

1 Like

TE just announced that they are working on the hardware production and that they will support and supply it for many years

https://www.teenageengineering.com/store#op-1

1 Like

did it just got a price bump?

This is out of control, official store at €1399, people selling used OP-1 for more than €1500… and a rapid search at google says it was €949 time ago… I’m out.

1 Like

I am really excited to hear how the fanboys will justify that price hike :joy:

damn thats steep

2 Likes

I know this thing has a cult following but what is so great about it? I’ve never used one before.

The price

2 Likes

Very nice. Would have been super cool if they did some minor updates to it, like fix the usb line noise thing, or even change it to usb-c. But this is cool for people who want to get their hands on a slightly more expensive than original and new op-1.

I think I bought mine for $799 on sweetwater 2 years ago. This is an extreme price-bump

1 Like

It’s a very immediate synth and sampler. No confusing menus to dive through. It just kind of works (emphasize on kind of). The CWO effect is addicting. And it’s just fun to play with and look at. It’s definitely a luxury item. I’ve owned and sold one. Sometimes I miss it, solely for it’s immediacy. That being said, as with anything, there are caveats to this device. Lot’s of little annoyances once you become more familiar with it. But in the end, “it’s in the way that you use it!!”

2 Likes