Teenage Engeering PO-33 Sampler

Mine should arrive tomorrow
Sent last Friday , arrive wed to the uk.

I just had no choice but to order the 33, sure I have ED in my pocket with the sample iap but it’s just not the same.
Can’t wait to go to work on an empty and capture sounds throughout the day…

I have a feeling the 33 could unlock the universe.

6 Likes

+1000000

4 Likes

I know I’ll get the 35 too at some point but I have to stay strong.
It’s a wonder I only have the 12 so far…

I just think back to Ralf und Florian (Bartos and Flur too) and the dream of the pocket calculator.
It’s just so magical now.
We are lucky.

4 Likes

You are bang on there…
Waveform shmaveform.
Listening is a skill.
Chop it by ear, eyes don’t hear.

2 Likes

The best thing about the PO 33 is that it’s essentially all the fun of the OP-1 sampler without having to cart around an £800 bit of gear.

I loved the OP-1 but I’d never take it out and about for fear of scratching the beautiful screen while I was using it.

The metal trinity, however, are going straight into a pencil case for permanent portability.

5 Likes

Pencil case! Good idea- adding to the list of cases to shop for, for storing my POs and their batteries.

1 Like

my thoughts exactly! The PO-33 ALMOST has me considering selling my OP-1 to fund a Digitone :fearful:

Yep. Same here. The PO32 and the two new ones bring this series to a whole other level.

These POs are the perfect size and form factor for travel and having fun with music out of the house. The calculator look means that even a grown man can sit and have fun with it on the train or plane without looking silly and they take up almost no room, so they are perfect for throwing into a carry-on bag for trips.

I hope they continue to expand the series and push the envelope of what’s capable. As noted earlier, I wish Microtonic had an iOS companion app. I think that’s really the future for pushing the series. A standalone mini hardware device that can leverage the power of a smartphone and the internet for additional capabilities if needed, since most people have a smartphone on them even when they travel.

4 Likes

I didn’t ecxpect them not to release the OP Z at NAMM… The 33 ended up being a perfect surprise/distraction but still i wonder when they’ll release it

Both the PO33 and PO35 have been dispatched and should be here tomorrow! Can’t wait!

Both videos are dope…
I’m torn on which 2 to get.
Ko looks awesome, tonic is awesome, speak looks crazy and has a tonic engine…

2 Likes

The metal series have genuinely hit it out of the park. They blow the volcas completely out of the water.

Amazing (and genuinely useful) bits of kit for not a lot of money.

2 Likes

One more… because Flat Eric!!

7 Likes

The PO32 with Microtonic is just insane. You’ll love it.

I can’t wait to get my hands on the PO33 and PO35. Hopefully I can cop them soon. :sweat:

1 Like

Are the samples on the PO-33 all just one shots or is it possible to have sustained short loops, a bit granular like?

In love :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Amazing
808B43DA-698D-4CBE-8EAC-2D012E1DD11F

4 Likes

Got it today! Just playing around with the 33 and trying to figure out its functions and I tried automating the LPF and then improvising fills with the stutter effects, it’s pretty good!

1 Like

Had a nice long sesh with this last night. It’s almost like a 4 track mini Digitakt. I’m in love!

5 Likes