Teenage Engeering PO-33 Sampler

I totally agree. Microtonic brings it to a whole other level. I was wary of needing to pay $99 bucks more, but OMG it is worth every penny.

I’m definitely getting the PO33 and PO35 as well. The PO35 also has one instance of Microtonic in it from what I understand. That means if you have the PO32 and PO35, you can have three Microtonic kits to jam on (actually six if you cleverly use the morph function).

1 Like

Thanks guys! I had ordered the 33 and 35 already. Hmmm. Ok I guess I still pass on the 32. (Really wish they’d do a tonic for ipad)

1 Like

Yeah. I thought the same thing but I guess they wouldn’t sell so many P.O.s if they did that and $99 is too steep for an app.

Microtonic is very CPU friendly so will run on even older computers and you can save patches to take with you (and back up your work) by recording the data as an old school modem sound on your iPhone and using that to transfer data back and forth between the PO and the computer. Not perfect, but still really cool.

2 Likes

I totally agree too. The PO-32 is nice as-is, but Microtonic cracks it wide open and turns it into something special. If I were you I would hold out until Magnus makes a smartphone editor for it, or you find a used computer to put Microtonic on.

That said, if you have a buddy with Microtonic, they can share their drum patches with you, and that might be fun!

1 Like

It might be. You can import any of the kits posted in this thread without Microtonic.

1 Like

Thanks! This is exactly the kind of trick I was hoping for

Just got my shipping notice, should be in my hands soonish.

Perfect! So simple, so effective. And as added bonus you build up a collection of crazy sounds.

Sounds contained within sounds…

1 Like

I’m waiting for the Metal Super Set to go on sale in the UK.

All three PO-30s plus cases for £300? That’s dangerous.

1 Like

Does anyone know any shops in London likely to have the PO-33 in stock? I’m going to be in London for two weeks starting next Sunday, and I’d like to pick one up if possible.

1 Like

isn’t the point that if they put the case on they would have to charge £120 so they gave customers the choice to build their own case if they’d rather? (lots of people have)

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t mind the lack of case at all. I do have one of the silicon cases for my PO-32, but all the others I leave naked. it’s pretty easy to find a little cheap hard drive case or the like if you want to throw them in a back pack or something.

I always saw the POs as a bit gimmicky, but once I got the PO-32 (I now have them all…) I was sucked into how quickly you can pick one up and start making music. Extremely fun if you travel or just have a busy life and can’t always sit down with your main gear. They also sound damn good through good speakers/headphones.

5 Likes

The case certainly doesn’t cost $35 to produce, I’m thinking less than 5. Less than that in the quantity they probably produce them. It doesn’t matter anyway, I’ve read people’s opinions on it now and given mine, people are into it, Im just not. If it came with a case there would be nothing stopping people making custom cases and it wouldn’t really bump the price up at all

oh sure, I definitely think they’re marking it up a bit much now maybe. I’m sure they could cut it down now -

I guess launch they had design costs and marketing and whatever to factor in. I think there was a genuine desire to keep the cost of the initial ones as low as they possibly could (and leave it open for people to mod)

I have no idea how many they sell though ( not THAT many I reckon as they made the case for all three new ones the same which suggests they had overstock… probably cos they’re a bit expensive I guess :wink:

works for them too though. No more cupboards full of the one that didn’t sell as well :wink:

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

This time next year I could be millionares

Once I realized the cost of the 33 and 34 plus 2 cases is somewhat close to the cost of getting the metal pack (All three with 3 cases) I switched my order to the metal pack and can’t wait to get them. Anyone on here get theirs today?!

Edit: Woops meant 35 not 34

1 Like

My PO-33 and 35 are out for delivery now! 5.5 hours of work + 45 min commute to go!

3 Likes

With money tight this year I still see a potential metal pack in my future…! If someone ends up selling them through Amazon then instabuy! Got a chunk of vouchers to use!

1 Like