Teenage Engeering PO-33 Sampler

Thanks a lot @darenager!

1 Like

multiplier values? you mean the step retrigs?

tempo only has 3 preset values

I really recommend the cases and screen protectors if you are digging the 3rd gen POs… no more nintendo rash :diddly:

1 Like

Yep.

And yes, 3 values for bpm, 80, 120, 140, but 60 and 240 bpm are easy to find.

A bit late for the case, maybe if I change the screen. I can use it in the dark! :wink:

Teenage engineering just announced a new limited edition of the po-33. The packaging is pink and it contains costum sounds by Steve Hauschild. It’s called ghostly edition. I have no idea if there is more to it, or if it’s the same as the vanilla po-33 otherwise.

Edit: and of course it’s more expensive.

Yes, 2 pins! :smile:
https://ghostly.com/products/pocket-operator-po-33-ghostly-edition

Maybe its a bit like the volca sample OK:GO edition? So only different content inside…

A pity though, if they ever increased pattn memory, itd be an instabuy for me. 16 pattns and 16 banks would make this machine a modern classic.

Totally worth the price increase
:rofl:

Edit: I probably shouldn’t be laughing, as I own this:

2 Likes

That’s why I ended up getting the OP-Z, and intend to grab the sampling module as soon as it becomes available. The OP-Z with the sampling module is the “modern classic” imo.

2 Likes

I’d like something between a PO33, a Zoom recorder and a Digitakt in my pocket. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Agreed, good ear!

In case anyone wants it, I made a datapack for the PO-33

Just make sure to download the modem sound because I wasn’t successful reloading directly from soundcloud player. Probably something with their compression.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Not quite what you asked for, but the Koala app is pretty close.

Ahh but comparing the two is not fair! OP z is so much moar than the PO33 can ever be.

Sampling module? They intend to release one? intriguing, will look into it whet it gets released for sure :+1:

First song with brocken screen ! Family recording (accoustic piano and guitalele).
Delay compressor and reverb in Octatrack.

11 Likes

Family electro lounge jazz glitch sessions… :smile:
I can support that…

1 Like

Been gifted a PO-33 for Crimbo. The little fella is sooooo dope, I can barely believe it. The knob jitter is a bit annoying for trimming but that makes me trim rougher and without finessing each slice for one hour. And that sound… straight magic.

Also got a lil’ Tascam recorder. Beats for days!

6 Likes

Yea, I was pretty blown away when I first got the K.O., it’s impressive especially for the size. Sometimes I use it to just process sounds, I love the character it adds

6 Likes

Which Tascam?

A dr-05x, small and simple!

The mini-duo’s first strike:

6 Likes