Teenage Engeering PO-33 Sampler

Octatrack is best for a six year old.

• Teach the kid that the good things in life take effort.

• Teach the adults who complain it is too complicated that a six year old can figure out an Octatrack

• Teach the owner that you should never let a six year old mess around with your Octatrack

11 Likes

Exactly. And don’t give in to the six year old when they ask for the OT manual. Teach the kid that life has no manual.

2 Likes

Wait, there’s a manual for the OT??? And all this time I thought Merlin just conjured a guide from the darkness b/c there was no manual.

OT is not real life. I would resample me otherwise. :loopy:

3 Likes

Received this morning. We made a song with my son.
He wrote the OPAKA MASTA lyrics. I helped a bit for the beat…:tongue:

7 Likes

Ok 2nd bug?
Couldn’t find anything concerning this :

On board speakers don’t work after using headphones. Checking with headphones, working normally. It worked again after a while just before I wanted to do a factory reset.
I don’t know why. I removed the batteries of course.

I fear something might be wrong with your PO-33. On mine, all step lights work as expected, both half-lit and full lit states. Also my speaker always starts outputting sound when I disconnect the audio jacks, although admittedly the jacks are a bit stiff and sometimes I need to use a bit more force when plugging in to get a full contact.

Hmm, one thing to check - whenever plugging into or out of the audio output, double check that master vol setting is retained correctly. IIRC the mastervol sometimes sets itself to zero when messing with plugs, its become habitual for me to always reset master vol after plug/unplug, so much so that I forgot I always do it :diddly:

Thanks. 2nd unit!
Btw, pluggin the jack several times to reproduce the problem seemed to help.
Runnin in or something?
(not sure of “rodage” translation, I won’t go in further explanations, it would be too sexual).

perhaps :nyan:

Everybody knows gear start sounding hella sick after you break em in :sunglasses:

A bit late : 9:98! Am or pm, don’t know.

Just after displaying all sounds parameters fast. Changed trim automatically.
I just changed the batteries for brand new exensive Ni-Mh batteries, to give it a last chance.

Good news. Audio seems to work.
Bad news. New big big display problem. :scream:

Me trying to make a cool song before sleeping, holding the PO33, wife & son moving above me in a bed, PO33 falling gently on the wooden floor, 50 cm max below.
Surrealistic.
Something against me and PO33?
I wasn’t planning an Octatrack in the pocket world tour but…wtf.

I don’t think there’s a warranty for that.
?
Simple lcd replacement ? I don’t think so.
:grimacing:

No!! :scream_cat:
Back to answering Octatrack questions… :joy:

1 Like

Dude you are having the worst luck with this…

I would suggest getting the case and screen protector if you decide to re-purchase.

Also. I would reach out to TE. Explain the situation, link this thread where you have shared music you and your son made. You never know they might offer to help. You have nothing to lose.

Good luck

2 Likes

I’ve no bpm display. I can sync it to OT! :joy:
Of course it would be pure geeky use, not interested in. I guess I can make music with it but… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

After loosing your OT projects… Bad luck streak :thinking: … Mercury Retrograde :thinking: , blame it on the planets… :grin:
Sorry man… :cry:

1 Like

So I can use my PO33 by ear.
Main problem : I can’t select a precise BPM.
I’d like to know the multiplier values, to set bpm by ear (tuned).
Could someone give them?
That would be very kind. (Step + bpm / m)

It does have precise bpm control (the others do ) … can’t remember the button press / combo
It’ll be in manual / one of the quick guides that pops up in google

Thanks but I can’t see any value. :grimacing:
I’d like to know the possible values of multiplier (step + bpm/m)

Ah.
In that case I can’t help , apart from suggesting you use something else to clock it (another pocket operator ?)

I can sync it to OT but with multiplier values I can ear a note, tune it to find a tempo. A 440hz note is 103.125 bpm for example.