Teenage Engeering PO-33 Sampler

And second strike!

4 Likes

I just found out you can retrigger with the KO! While in write mode hold down a drum step and toggle through the retrig amount via the BPM button. Apologize if this widely known as I just found it thanks to the link below. There’s a few more hidden gems in there as well.

https://cubeleco.blogspot.com/2019/05/po-33-ko-hidden-features.html?m=1

8 Likes

Damn there is a lot of tricks I didn’t know about in this page.

2 Likes

This thing is seriously fun, I’m very impressed. I wondered if anyone had a trick to mute a channel temporarily? There’s mention online of holding a sound down to mute it but I can’t get this to work. Write + volume reduces the volume but doesn’t seem to go totally to zero.

Yes, this was already implemented this way on the PO-12

1 Like

Wonder if the PO-35 hidden features are shared on PO-33 - I never tried…

2 Likes

Hi! Not the same conceptor, isn’t it ?
Found this :

6 Likes

This guide is great - got to say this thing really shows me what a fast sampling workflow is! Makes me wish the Digitakt could do slices and slice a bunch of samples by transient, it’s such a quick way to make a fun kit e.g. using the Fractal Bits app on iOS

1 Like

This was great.

8 Likes

lmao I was baffled for a second like wtf why is it so huge

4 Likes

I pulled my PO33 out of a drawer last night when GASing after the Novation Rhythm and the new SP404 and honestly had such a fun night sampling a ton of stuff off YT, chopping some breaks and messing with the step FX. And I LOVE the sound of the PO33, a lovely lo fi crunch.

GAS receded for now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

Did you try to use it synced to Zoia ?

Was my intention to try but never got round to it. Will do so later and report back

1 Like

Planned to. And we should be able to control PO33 with CV (I already did it with A4).

Using the CV socket the Zoia only picked up a sync signal from the PO33 about once a bar (but not regularly). Maybe the signal needs a boost (I was going PO33 - > Zoia)?

I’m not clever enough yet to work out how to use an audio port to turn this sync signal into a series of CV gates for syncing.

1 Like

I’d try audio signal. (Zoia Analysis Onset probably).

Edit : just tried, I could sync PO33 to a Zoia sequencer,
PO33 Audio Sync > Onset > Seq Gate in
(trigger once Queue Start to start with first step).
Edit 2 : worked up to 101 bpm only…but was be better decreasing -50 db from Audio Input to Onset (140 bpm)

2 Likes

Good work! I rarely go over 100BPM on the PO33 anyway so that will work a treat! :grin:

1 Like

Ease of use compared to the SP404mk2 is no contest! Really impressed with the PO-33. I already like it more than the OP-1 Field.

Yup, I said it.

7 Likes

im right there with you. im absolutely in love with my 33. always on my desk getting daily use. I think a couple tweaks would make it my goat though. step length, loop and ping pong sample settings, resampling, master fx compressor and reverb, mute/choke. something slightly more premium then the bare pcb. inbetween a PO and Opz. recently found out i can copy a single sample slice from the drum track back into the melodic. i need to try loading some long samples and bouncing them around that way. crazy i learned something new after all this time!

a pic of my well loved 33

2 Likes

I’m sorry to react so strongly, but I absolutely hated my experience with po 33. The sp 404 mkii is considerably more user friendly and easier to navigate.