Synthfest UK 2023

Synthfest UK 2023

This is a major show with many synth and modular makers exhibiting being presented by Sound On Sound Magazine. It includes exhibitors, retailers, educational elements, and some seminars and demos.

Present list of Exhibitors

Live list of exhibitors

Synthfest UK 2023

Good suggestion !

This is one of three similar show of shows this month. (The other two : Knobcon 2023 and Machina Bristronica 2023. thread links given ) There is significant overlap between these three shows.

ADDED : Thread for last years show.

5 Likes

If you can do both these shows it might justify getting a nice setup for this. There are a ton of products and companies at these shows, and plenty of room for a new voice covering.

1 Like

Thanks! Iā€™d love to get involved, and think it would be a great addition to the stuff I usually do. Iā€™ll defo be at Machina Bristronica, would be rude not to seeing as Iā€™m so close. Knobcon has my attention for sure. :smiley:

Iā€™ve been advised by my mate to check out the SSL 2 and MOTU 2. Theyā€™re pricey for my purposes but seem the best bang for buck. Iā€™m not sure whether I should just use a recorder like a Zoom and sync the audio/video later.

Some potential things to see this time around at Synthfest UK :

Kenton Interchanger ( thread )
Synclavier Regen ā€¦ ( thread )
Midicake Arp, new release promised ( thread )
RYK Nightrider, very cool. ( link )
Studiologic, perhaps something with polyphonic aftertouch ??? ( link )
Ashun Sound Machines ā€“ Yes they are there too.
Arturia, always good to watch them.

3 Likes

MAXIMUS from Analogue Solutions
Elektronauts thread

Is this the tallest keyboard ? I know itā€™s two pieces but still.

A tremendous amount of individual control on each of the eight voices.

So SF-UK will be a great time to see both the AMPLE and the MAXIMUS.

New Yamaha Montage M

got my ticket, then off to see Black Dog afterwardsā€¦

2 Likes

Where they playing? This part of Sensoria? Fancy going too.

yes indeed, discounted tickets if youā€™re off to Synthfest as well The Black Dog - Sensoria

1 Like

Nice one thanks, will get on it

1 Like

2 Likes

IK Multimedia

MODO Piano ???

ADDED :

Itā€™s called Pianoverse and it looks deluxe. They have released sevaral videos about it.

Korg will very very likely be showing their new Keystage keyboard controller with a Medeli Polytouch polyphonic-aftertouch keybed, and MIDI 2.0 and MPE support. It will come in both a 49 and a 61 key version.

1 Like

Sensoria Film and Music Festival

As noted above Synthfest UK is just a part of a bigger thing : Sensoria.

Sensoria Events Page

1 Like

this thing is ridiculous guess its for the guy with everything.
Guess the market is going for the luxury or the cheap

AS300 main unit Ā£22500

AS400 optional keyboard Ā£1900

excluding crate, shipping and tax (all if applicable)

2 Likes

Weather station

2 Likes

Beat Friend

4 Likes

This is neat -

Iā€™m usually a bit iffy about generative stuff that takes way the need for compositional skill, but this thing seems quite endearing and if you think about it as a little robot drummer that you can use as a ā€˜band memberā€™ I could see it being a nice addition to a set or studio.

6 Likes

+1 for sliders for complexity, nice choice. -1 for ā€œdeliberately unlabelledā€, that pushes my buttonsā€¦

lol, just watched the same video about 20 min. ago.

I like the combo of CR-78 inspired analog drums and generative beats in one standalone unit

1 Like